Try my tool for decoding heatspreader codes on Athlon 64's. Plz try it.

SparkedFire

[H]ard|Gawd
This web based tool determines the type, voltage, speed and other information of an Athlon 64 (including FX and Mobiles) processor.

Please try my tool located here:

ID Me

It includes animations and is somewhat idiot proof and more acurate when compared to the one at OCInside. I would like you guys to test it and get back to me with any bugs, problems, or suggestions.

EDIT: Easy to use subdomain added: idme.thepcelement.com

well this you dont need to actually use the cpu. this could be good for determining a good cpu at a store before you buy or whatever.

One thing right away to make this more user friendly

Put the boxes where we are entering our information above your diagram.

i thought about that. let me move things around real quick. dont go anywhere. did you try it though?

I gave it a whirl with my newest CPU which I scanned a pic of. Everything seemed to work fine for me, easy to use and I took a pick of the presented data and pasted it over the scan of the CPU itself. Makes a good addition for someone looking for it's info.

http://www.ciws.info/a64_3400_id.jpg

Side note - You might want to go ahead and name the webpage something besides Untitled Document ;)

Now, I am not sure which one I like the looks of better.

:rolleyes:

I used it, Came out fine for my CPU

I like the user friendliness with just drop down boxes really saves the hassel of having to type in like 16 digits to get what your cpu is. And the Diagram is very slick too. Definitly something I would be using if I was using a lot of A64s.

CIWS said:
I gave it a whirl with my newest CPU which I scanned a pic of. Everything seemed to work fine for me, easy to use and I took a pick of the presented data and pasted it over the scan of the CPU itself. Makes a good addition for someone looking for it's info.

http://www.ciws.info/a64_3400_id.jpg

Side note - You might want to go ahead and name the webpage something besides Untitled Document ;)

Thats sweet. I like that idea!

Thanks for your opinions. I will add a title to the page. All that work and I forgot that :p.

NewBlackDak said:
Little quesiton
Is it setup, so you can't pick an impossible chip?

As far as i know, yes. try it out. trust me, you wont get any 512KB L2 cache Athlon 64 FX chips like the OCInside one :rolleyes:

just updated the whole thing.

" Please try my tool" ... lonely are we?
You might want to rephrase that - or not depending...
:D

LMAO. I didn't mean it like that :eek:. Only Female parts need apply :p . Lets stay on subject now.

i dont have an a64, but i found out how to use it.. its pretty straigt forward.

i vote for a64 faq addition

It is a true Clawhammer core. It simply has half of the L2 cache disabled. Other utilities like CPU-Z will also report it as a Newcastle. The Newcastle is a different core than the Clawhammer. True newcastles can be found on the 939 Pin Athlon 64's and 35watt Mobile chips.

I will also consider doing a FAQ.

EDIT: Easy to use subdomain added: idme.thepcelement.com

The real Newcastles only start with a code like AMDxxxxxx?

no, newcastles also come with the ADA as well. those are the 3500+ and 3800+ models.

Thanks. Too bad I can't unlock the other 512KB of cache. newegg sent me a C0 stepping too. :(

C0 isn't necessarily bad, but CG would have been nice for ya.

EDIT: Working on FAQ List now. At the bottom of the page a thanks has also been added for suggestions to ID Me from HardForum users.

Added FAQ List. Come on guys, more people test this thing out plz. Post opinions here.

Bumping this thread becuase of a big update. Please try it out and cast your opinions.

i'm getting a 404 when i click the button after entering my chips specs...

what were you entering in? all info about errors would be appreciated to fix problems and add revisions.

Now how do you figure that one is better?

It is much more error prone becuase it cant decifer the difference between the processor speeds and cache. it would tell you that a 3400+ newcastle 754socket was 2200MHz which is incorrect. only the clawhammer is 2200MHz. mine offers more specific catigorized data that is compleatly accurate. did you check it out?

i also just added an error page.

Yes, but that one is much more user-friendly.You can change things on-the-fly as opposed to seeing an error page. And I beleive, it can tell the difference between a 3400+ CH, and a 3200+ NC... wait, never mind; it can't. Well, just make your interface just like that one, and with your more accurate results, you shall conquer the world ;)

Also, why do you split it into A64/AXP/Sempr0n?? You can tell which one it is from the codes. And don't forget Opterons.

you get an error page if you dont enter something in right. type it as you see it.
i cant make my interface like that one right now, to difficult for me.

"Also, why do you split it into A64/AXP/Sempr0n?? You can tell which one it is from the codes. And don't forget Opterons."

i dont, it goes to the same page. the athlon xp is not supported. the opteron would be a future addition.

here is a screenshot, and as you can see you get more data too.

ss.jpg

It doesn't identify AMA3800DSY6AX. And, no, I did not just make that code up. It has a meaning :)

Doesn't identify AMD3000BSO5AR. Such chips actually exist, they are mobile clawhammers.

Darth_Fluffy said:
It doesn't identify AMA3800DSY6AX. And, no, I did not just make that code up. It has a meaning :)

Doesn't identify AMD3000BSO5AR. Such chips actually exist, they are mobile clawhammers.

well you see that is not an actual chip but i would guess dual core.

and on the second that is not a realistic mobile chip because they are all certified to be 95'C tolorant.

It's a chip I made up. It's a mobile s939 chip that runs at 2.4GHz, 1.15vcore, max temperature 100°C, 2Mb L2 Cache, Revision "CG" Still, it should tell you what it means, instead of saying error... and say that it doesn't exist

lol, but nonexistant and not likely to ever exist. if it were to exist newegg and amd would give me that info. i dont feel like making a page for CPU's in someones dream :D

But why won't it just tell you what the code means, as opposed to trying to match it to a CPU entry in a database?

it is not pulling the info from a database, but rather a group of html pages (html pages only made for realistic chips).

databases are currently out of my league.

Back