Try my tool for decoding heatspreader codes on Athlon 64's. Plz try it.

Newcastles also come in speeds lower than the 3500/3800. My 3200 is a Newcastle and starts out with ADA. Anyhow, the program works great! Identified my chip correctly.

i know. they are entered. here are some of my supported chips:

Ada3000aep4ap
Ada3200aep5ap
Ada3400aep5ap
Ada3000aep4ar
Ada3200aep5ar
Ada3400aep5ar
Ada3700aep5ar
Ada2800aep4ax
Ada3000aep4ax
Ada3200aep4ax
Ada3500dep4aw
Ada3800dep4aw
Ada4000dep5as
Ada3000dik4bi
Ada3200dik4bi
Ada3500dik4bi
Ama3000bex5ap
Ama3200bex5ap
Ama3400bex5ap
Ama3000bex5ar
Ama3200bex5ar
Ama3400bex5ar
Ama3700bex5ar
Amn2800bix5ap
Amn3000bix5ap
Amn3200bix5ap
Amn2800bix5ar
Amn3000bix5ar
Amn3200bix5ar
Amn3400bix5ar
Amd2700bqx4ax
Amd2800bqx4ax
Adafx51cep5ak
Adafx51cep5at
Adafx53cep5at
Adafx53dep5as
Adafx55dei5as
Sda2200dut3d
Sda2300dut3d
Sda2400dut3d
Sda2500dut3d
Sda2600dut3d
Sda2800dut3d
Sdc2200dut3d
Sdc2800dut3d
Sda3000dut4d
Sda3100aip3ax
Smn3000bix2ay
Smn2800bix3ay
Smn2600bix2ay
Sms2600box2la
Sms2800box3la

you should add a drop-down menu as well, that has an index of all chips you have info on, incase someone would rather match the drop-down results instead of typing them out

just a thought....will check my processor when i get back on my main comp (on laptop atm)

I bought my processor RIB (Retail In Box)....so the ID for mine is ADA3400AXBOX which returns no results....you might wanna add retail box results :p

ADA3400AEP4AX is what my results are, but I have to look to the OEM to get that....strange newegg.com is charging MORE for the OEM 3400+ newcastle than the retail with a heatsink and fan...that makes no sense lol. Just get the retail and save $5, and you get a fan to look at even if you decide not to use it, not to mention AMD warrenty :)

under instruction sets....shouldn't you put x86, x86-64? not to mention MMX, 3DNow!, SSE, and SSE2? Gotta get all that info in :) If the Athlon64 was x86-64 only, I wouldn't be on 32-bit windows right now heh

well your supposed to enter in what it says on the processor lid, not the box or newegg.

ADA3400AXBOX is not the actual OPN and cannot provide enough information to give you processor specs.

i will consider your drop down idea too. thanks.

read my above thread....edited in something about the instruction set :) Also, may I suggest adding pages for the retail boxes that simply says "This box contains the following processor: blah" where blah is a link to the actual processor? Idunno, but from a user-friendly perspective, if I were to use your site in conjunction with newegg, I would use that instead of looking for an OEM thing. Just makes stuff easier for the idiots (omg, am I an idiot? lol, I should know better to use the OEM code).

as far as the instruction sets i'm working on that and it will be changed in time to show the difference between E revision chips with SSE3 and current SSE2 chips. i only decided to put x86-64 for now. it will eventually show MMX, SSE and others. maby by tomorrow?

lmao, I edited the above post again while you weren't looking.....that's enough of that, I'll just write more at once, or wait to post again....you're too damn fast for me to keep up haha

are you saying like a list of available/reccomended chips to buy and linking to newegg? include reccomendations and other stuff? i may very well do something like that. i assure you that i will give you credit for your ideas.

What about opterons, though? And yet, again, why do you split it up into A64/AFX/Sempr0n? You can tell them apart by their codes either way...

tsuehpsyde said:
If the Athlon64 was x86-64 only, I wouldn't be on 32-bit windows right now heh
x86-64 has a legacy mode that is running your 32bit windows right now. no old school x86 need apply here.

"What about opterons, though? And yet, again, why do you split it up into A64/AFX/Sempr0n? You can tell them apart by their codes either way..."

As i stated earlier, i would look into doing opterons, and i did not split up the A64/A64FX/Sempron.

SparkedFire said:
"What about opterons, though? And yet, again, why do you split it up into A64/AFX/Sempr0n? You can tell them apart by their codes either way..."

As i stated earlier, i would look into doing opterons, and i did not split up the A64/A64FX/Sempron.

He's talking about how you tell the user to 'select your processor to identify" on your homepage, even tho it doesn't matter which one you click on. it should say something more like "Click here to identify your processor (only supported types are pictured)"... or something like that.

quite a bump, but it looks like it's changed a lot since i last saw it.
hmm. we should integrate the winchester oc database for an 'average' overclock based on the week/stepping

as a side note, can you do anything about when people enter processors that don't exist? that's an ugly page i get sent to

"as a side note, can you do anything about when people enter processors that don't exist? that's an ugly page i get sent to"

lol, well what do you think it should look like.

"we should integrate the winchester oc database for an 'average' overclock based on the week/stepping"

you mean put like OC info for each chip?

something like the rest of the pages, so it's not so obvious that the user did something they weren't supposed to :D

and for the winchester oc database.. i'm sure you've seen this
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=875776
i was thinking i could do a bit of math, find an average for each week and each stepping, find some way to modulate between the two to find an "average" oc for that chip, though it would mean the user actually has the cpu in question.

we would really need more OC data, but it would be a start. I will look into redoing the error page.

"any way to tell if it is a sledgehammer? also whats different between the two?"

It is most likely a Sledgehammer. The Sledgehammer/Hammer is the core that the FX and Opteron series chips use. Clawhammer is for the Athlon 64's. AMD stuck the FX53 Sledgehammer cores in the 4000+ chips.

isn't the difference between the clawhammer and sledgehammer the extra memory channel, thus all 1mb, dual channel 130nm chips are sledgehammers?

i did it backwards, looked it up on there to find what i thought my cpu was, and determined that it must be ADA 3400 DEP4AZ

popped my heatsink off and it was, so i guess it works good

Back