Try Firefox - PimpUigi Edition

PimpUigi

Limp Gawd
Fx_PU_33.png
1. Toolbars take up less space than any other browser at 50px tall.
2. Google searches under SSL by default.
3. Additional search engines in the search bar include YouTube, TorrentZ, and Urban Dictionary.
4. Ability for colorizing the main theme without the need for personas.
5. Many many other cool features and customizations over the vanilla Firefox.

Firefox - PimpUigi Edition http://www.mediafire.com/?51ygii399xq5k98

This custom version of Firefox showcases what can really become of your browser if you take the time to research its add-ons and pick them out carefully without going overboard.
It maintains a classic, yet clean and modern interface.

Special thanks to everyone who has submitted feedback to me in private, and especially to those of you who have helped me continue this project.

(PS. The master password is "password" without the quotes)

Windowed Mode (showing the tabs on top setting)

Fx_PU_Window.png

And using the HCTP add on's color changer, you can basically turn the main theme into any colored theme you want.

Fx_PU_Custom.png

HCTP.png

Last edited:
I use M3 click/hold mouse wheel scrolling 99.9% of the time in Firefox. Anyone else notice that FF 10 sometimes is jerky or has jumping pages while using the click hold M3 mouse scrolling?

Jesus, I use the internet a lot... but these constant firefox updates are insane. What happened to sub-updates... like 1.05, then 1.06. Now we are getting V10, v11, v12 in a matter of 1 month. lol wtf.

Looks clean though man! Nice

Jesus, I use the internet a lot... but these constant firefox updates are insane. What happened to sub-updates... like 1.05, then 1.06. Now we are getting V10, v11, v12 in a matter of 1 month. lol wtf.

Looks clean though man! Nice

what happened to firefox period? it's become more and more bloated and frequently i get flash crashing on me or the browser just locks up in general.

looks good op.

Bah, doesn't look like the jerky scrolling has been fixed in 10.0.1. Now I have to wait 6 weeks for FF 11 :(

Big update for Firefox 17.
It's been a while since I worked on it. Fixed a bunch of styles and extensions that broke since the last update.

Can you list the addons/themes/Scripts used for this? I'd like to do this with Waterfox.

went back to 3.5.6 because all the newer versions pretty much blow. Haven't had any problems with it for the past few months. Everything old is new again.
Edit: checked; reformatted and installed back on Hiroshima day (8/6). Running latest flash, and Sothink video downloader. No lockups, no problems, no 'plugincontainer'.

went back to 3.5.6 because all the newer versions pretty much blow. Haven't had any problems with it for the past few months. Everything old is new again.
Edit: checked; reformatted and installed back on Hiroshima day (8/6). Running latest flash, and Sothink video downloader. No lockups, no problems, no 'plugincontainer'.

I still keep an old copy of Firefox 3/4 with its profile. Those were the good old days before Mozilla decided to copy Chrome and increase the version number every 2 days :)

Huge update. First time in over a year.
Largely due to requests that piled up in the last month. : )

havent used FF since about a year ago, trying this out for a while. its pretty awesome, great job IMO.

Huge update for Firefox 29.
Tons of work put into this version. Lots of people helped with the Beta and submitted fixes. Thank you so much!

Uhhh .... wtf, how do I undo/uninstall this thing and go back to everything I had previously?? It's not actually an installer, and it's not just a single extension, so..... how do I go back??

Thanks!

You go to your appdata\roaming folder, and take Mozilla_old and rename it to Mozilla

You go to your appdata\roaming folder, and take Mozilla_old and rename it to Mozilla

... That didn't really help. It just restored it to a fresh install of FF, basically. All my extensions that I had installed are wiped. And all my open windows with all their tabs are not coming back either.

Seriously? Your thing just wiped all of that out?

No, it makes a Mozilla_old folder with your old profile and configuration.
You can try editing the profile.ini file if it's pointing to the wrong profile.

Hmm. Is it in C:\Users\<my user name>\AppData\Roaming ?

What I did was rename the Mozilla folder --> Mozilla_pimpUI and then rename Mozilla_old --> Mozilla.

Are you sure that there isn't some mistake in what your program does? I'm now looking at
C:\Users\<my user name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla_pimpUI\Firefox\Profiles

There are two folders in there:
ae9u7owq.default and PimpUigi

When I look inside ae9u7owq.default/extensions, I see things that indicate the extensions that I had. For instance, I'm finding icons and readme files that match the extensions that I had. I'm thinking what needs to be done is to copy this whole folder, ae9u7owq.default, which currently resides in
C:\Users\<my user name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla_pimpUI\Firefox\Profiles\,
and place it into the current Mozilla folder.

admittedly I am still working out bugs in this installer.
But yes, I think that sounds fairly accurate.

C:\Users\<my user name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\ae9u7owq.default\

is how it should be.

And profile.ini should point to ae9u7owq.default

Yes, that solved it! I guess you have a bug in exactly where the old info is stored (or you just forgot?). It was all still there, but not where you said it would be. It appears that the Mozilla_old folder is just equivalent to what FF would have if it was freshly installed. It appears that your program just adds a new profile folder to the
C:\Users\<my user name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
path and then edits the profiles.ini file to point to the new profile folder.

It did NOT copy my profile data into the Mozilla_old folder.

the older versions all were just zip files with a mozilla folder, and this is the first one with an installer. Yeah. Next version I'm sure I'll get these bugs worked out of the installer.

Installer updated to fix that issue.
The installer also now brings over your old cache, bookmarks, history, extensions, homepage, and sessionstore (your previously open tabs).

I have found myself going back to msn here lately, as
I have had to many problems with Firefox lately. But,
what has caused me to have the most grief, is that
little s after HTTP. I have tried to get it off, but can I,
hell no. I am tired of having to take that s off after
every address I put in. Does anyone here know how
to get that security mode off the Firefox browser?

Updated to work with Firefox 31 (small update - but the URL bar stopped working because of some now-needless add ons)

Updated for Fx33.
New homepage that doubles as the new tab page, and the throbber (progress indicator) is also a clickable button now.

Haha. : )
I don't blame you there.

I can rename all the installer bits to something else if you like.

Back