Trump VR: Meet Your New President In Virtual Reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Those of you who own an HTC Vive may now make a virtual visit with the President. The facial rendering is pretty impressive—but what’s the gun on the desk for?

As the phone rings, it's hard to tell if he's sitting back in reflection, or preparing to spring off the desk into action. The ambiguity seems intentional. "We see Trump in VR as art," co-creator John MacInnes explains. "A tableau vivant, in the American tradition of artists like Edward Hopper in painting, Gregory Crewdson and Cindy Sherman in photography." Indeed, Wide Awake serves as a living picture -- it's as frozen as a painting, but a light in the player's hand gives them some control over how the scene looks. And while the subject is frozen, the world around him isn't. The ringing phone continues to add tension to the scene. Who is this new president? What is his reaction to a middle of the night emergency?

The article says that it's on Steam, but I'm not seeing it. Searched for both 'Wide Awake' and 'Trump'. Too bad, I'd check it out for the heck of it.

I gotta say, while cool, the pose looks like he just shat himself... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back