Truly unlimited cloud storage service to get in?

neokeelo

[H]ard|Gawd
I need a truly unlimited cloud storage service like bitcasa.
No storage caps or daily/monthly download/upload caps.

Is there a service like that for under $20 a month?

Pogo cloud? Unlimited for $5/mo.

Or Dupplica. They say this at least, but have not tested them.

"Unlimited Backup storage and unlimited file size Backup: You may backup full HD long movies, and as many as you wish."
"Super fast. Your files will back up with no network throttle and save you precious time."

Personally I use CrashPlan but they are a little bit different. I get unlimited from them for $4/mo and have not run into any caps or throttling and I have over 16TB stored with them.

Last edited:
Pogo cloud? Unlimited for $5/mo.

Or Dupplica. They say this at least, but have not tested them.

"Unlimited Backup storage and unlimited file size Backup: You may backup full HD long movies, and as many as you wish."
"Super fast. Your files will back up with no network throttle and save you precious time."

Personally I use CrashPlan but they are a little bit different. I get unlimited from them for $4/mo and have not run into any caps or throttling and I have over 16TB stored with them.

I have CrashPlan, but I have never gotten around to doing my Movies. Maybe it is something I should look into...

Have you considered Symform?

I'm considering using it. it isn't unlimited per se, but you can pay by sharing excess space on your drives rather than with money.

The ratio is 1:2, so in other words, share 2 gigs of space, get 1 gig of cloud backup.

With these cloud storage companies, can I use it like cold storage? Meaning I upload 1 Tb and NOT have an associated PC on the net? Or does the PC with the data always be connected to the net?

With these cloud storage companies, can I use it like cold storage? Meaning I upload 1 Tb and NOT have an associated PC on the net? Or does the PC with the data always be connected to the net?

IIRC backblaze won't let you do that... and they don't work on any server OS' so you can forget that for anything besides a basic desktop

With these butt storage companies, can I use it like cold storage? Meaning I upload 1 Tb and NOT have an associated PC on the net? Or does the PC with the data always be connected to the net?

With CrashPlan you can do that. The default is set to keep deleted files forever, and the associated PC does not need to even exist anymore. CrashPlan also supports servers and headless mode.

These 2 features are why I personally chose it over BackBlaze.

Hmm, used to use carbonite, but they are tedious to work with, gonna check out crashplan, thanks!

I like CrashPlan, but I personally use AltDrive since I get better upload speeds (CrashPlan won't max my upload for some reason). Both are great options.

Do any of these services allow you to have the same folder shared on multiple computers?

Meaning all the files are mirrored and synced between different computers via the cloud?

It took a week to upload ~150GB to Crashplan....I'm scared to backup my 4.5TB of movies.

Dropbox does exactly that.

I assume the reason for the need is to have a very large dropbox for cheap. Although my 50GB university box (not dropbox but box) account I no longer run the client on any machine because I do not want 40+GB copied to my profile on the dozen or so computers I use.. Although I now see a way to disable the folders it syncs. Now only if I can say which computers can sync what folders..

Back