Truecrypt anyone?

Tazman2

Supreme [H]ardness
Just curious if any of you use this nice little program. I'm thinking about trying it on my home box and just wondering if there are any real cons. I also use Acronis True Image and I'm not sure if that'll really work anymore properly after installing Truecrypt. Thanks for any info!

If there's anyone out there not using TrueCrypt in some way, they're probably a bit crazy.

I actually use it to encrypt my work-related files before uploading them to an FTP. It's a bit time consuming, but it seems to work out pretty well for me. I just mount the volume before starting Cobian, dismount it and upload.

years ago i was incredibly frustrated by truecrypt because it numerously lost my files and corrupted the disk.... having to start fresh each time.

but i must say, ive been using it again for the last year and its awesome now. it works great, and im even confident with a 20-word password without a separate keyfile.

It's a pain in the ass to actually delete the encrypted drive ... well for me it was, anyway. Other than that, solid program.

I use it for my laptop. I have a 30GB space that I encrypt.

I haven't had any trouble with it.

Back