TrueCombat Elite out soon (mod for Wolf:ET)

I've played the beta or preview version of whatever was out. It's kinda like CS as there are 2 teams Spec ops and Terrorists, the terrorists have to plant the bomb. Basically the same gameplay mode as CS. There are only a few differences like iron sights and not just cross hairs.

I'll vouch for this mod. It is the MOST awesome mod for Wolfenstein: ET. The gun models are awesome and I think it's a very worthwhile mod for a free-based FPS game.

They used to have this as a total conversion for Quake 3. The game had some hilarious emotes. They were very vulgar, disgruntled sounding Eastern European shouts. The game, however, was not very good.

I'll check it out but "realistic" games usually end up having lackluster gameplay and a very small fanbase. Some games are much better than others... we'll see how this turns out.

www.truecombat.com

It'll be released today at 1PM (Eastern coast). Keep a heads up!

Remember you need to download Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory for this mod, and make sure it's updated to the latest version (2.6, I think)

Whoa, 450MB. Isn't the original (0.48) like 130MB? Thanks for the torrent find.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP, you're right, I'm getting 850KB/sec from this torrent!

Sweet, torrents going at about 380kb/s for me. Started out slow but its going now. Hope the game plays as good as it looks(For a Q3 game anywho)

[Edit]
w00t its done :)

How do you enable HDR? I found out how to enable a descent widescreen resolution but it is windowed, is there a way to play widescreen without being windowed? Otherwise its a pretty cool mod. Definitely looks good for a Q3 game.

their new site is http://www.truecombat.us/

Oh and the mod developer enforces a letterbox field of view... which I got so pissed off at that I am swearing not to play this damn mod till they make it optional... the lower 1.5 inches and upper 1.5 inches of my screen are blacked out, WTF is up with that... I dont know what this "realism" is that they were going for, but if I look straight at my monitor, I can still see my legs...

gameplay is stale, same old weapons, same crappy sounds, and no atmosphere except for repeating tracks...

I probably shouldnt be posting an oppinion while being so pissed at this mod but otherwise i wouldnt be motivated... it had potential, if it was crappy from the get-go I woulda said nothing... but they ruined the damn thing...

It's very nice to me, And I'm not as picky as you are. :) The point is this is a mod, and you don't pay ANYTHING for it, and they worked hard on it. It's still a nice mod. At least give them some credit.

Anyway meatfestival want to play some TCE with me? Do you have Xfire?

Back