TRUE Surround Sound Headphones Are Finally Here

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
Real, positional, surround sound audio is something that people, especially PC gamers have long struggled to achieve. The layout of most PC gaming spaces is not conducive to elaborate multi-speaker solutions, and "surround" sound headsets, have always been lacking. That is until today.

DD Audio is introducing the DXB-6.5.8.1 TRUE Surround Headphones. Mating one of their full size DD 1006 6.5" subwoofers, along with 7 micro-stacked, mid-high studio grade drivers into a fully D.O.T approved helmet. The masterpiece of immersive sound is connected to their DSI-1 active crossover, a DM500a amplifier for the subwoofer, and a pair of D4.60 micro 4 channel amplifiers for the mids and highs. All yours for 1.986 bitcoin. Thanks to cageymaru for the story.

You will be able to game in fully immersive, earth-shattering glory; commute with class, fly the friendly skies with fantastic fidelity, and ride with rotund rhythms.

Obvious April fools is obvious, especially since there are plenty of good cans out there that deliver surround sound accurate enough that you cannot tell the difference.

After it sucks your brain it'll crawl down and eat your face off. Looks hideous but if it does indeed works then it is all good.

I'll take two so I can look like a sophisticated connoisseur of the musical arts at all times.

Make way peasants, marvel at my subwoofer helmet!

I'll need an entourage to keep the ladies back when they lose their self control.

Reactions: AK0tA
like this
I only have two ears, so how many independent drivers does it take to replicate positional audio with headphones? I doubt it's 7.

Edit: Oh, and the D.O.T. approved helmet isn't D.O.T. approved anymore *after* all the stuff is attached to it, even if holes weren't drilled in to mount all the stuff. See Michael Schumacher to see what happens to the integrity of a helmet when things get attached to helmets. ;-O

And yeah, sure looks like an April Fools product.

Last edited:
Oh boy, here we go. It's that time of year again where I just stay off the internet for a day (now two). LoL

This will work well with my HTC VIVE
Sure will if your neck looks like this

noneck.jpg

For +/- 16k... 12k.... 8k.... I think I could make something just like it.

Looks like a joke.

8 track converters included for free? Yep joke.

——-

In contrast...

Smyth Realiser A16 isn’t a gimmick and uses regular headphones with acoustic science behind it. You’d swear it’s a 7.1.4 speaker setups. One of the most impressive things I’ve ever experienced.

http://www.smyth-research.com/index.html

This april fools joke must have been created with Windows Fail Creations update since it was posted before April 1st.

Cool. With that 6.5" sub, it'd definitely need a chin strap, else that bad boy would launch itself right off.

I like it.

;)

I just use a 5.1 home theater system to game. My system will likely sound better for only 3% the price of that. Those aren't headphones anyway as headphones cover the ears.

Oh for fuck sake.. just get a decent sound card and get some speakers.. call it a fucking day. This is just stupid.. for some reason I'm reminded of both Gary and Wyatt wearing bras on their heads, as well as the film Brainstorm. Waiting for someone to try and convince the masses that tying used condoms full of ejaculate to your hair is the new 'thing'

Last edited:
The same lame dudes who spend the night outside the Apple store to buy the latest iphone will surely be picking one of these up. Doubt there will any lines though.

Back