Truck Owners Are Blocking Tesla Superchargers in "ICE-ing" Protests

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by Megalith, Dec 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Megalith

Megalith 24-bit/48kHz Staff Member

Tesla owners throughout the country claim they’re being harassed by truck drivers who are evidently threatened by the advent and growing popularity of electric travel: in what is being dubbed “ICE-ing” (an acronym for “internal combustion engine”), owners of large, gas-dependent vehicles are going out of their way to piss Tesla drivers off by blocking Supercharger parking spots.

Tesla drivers are reporting a spate of "ICE-ing" by large trucks at Superchargers across the country. In one instance, Reddit user Leicina said a group of trucks blocked all of the charging spots while chanting "F Tesla" before being asked to leave by an employee of the store. Another Tesla owner in Bristol, Tennessee spotted a Dodge Ram truck blocking a charging spot, with the charging cable mockingly attached to the bed.

Jarod888 likes this.
  2. UnrealCpu

UnrealCpu 2[H]4U

next time i see a tesla charging station i will park my civic type r there.

AlphaQup, Armenius and hlfbkd420 like this.
  3. Tsumi

Tsumi [H]ardForum Junkie

Personally I hope biofuels are able to supplant fossil fuels. But I have no problem with electric vehicles if they're able to solve the drawbacks, namely range and charging time, and to a lesser extent cost. One of the fantasy builds I'm currently contemplating is making an AWD electric Lincoln Town Car, the sedan, not the fake SUV. Last of the big body on frame sedans, and pretty much the only "modern" sedan that can tow.

4. hlfbkd420

hlfbkd420 Limp Gawd

That's funny shit. Petrol FTW

Riptide_NVN and Jarod888 like this.
  5. Crystoff

Crystoff [H]Lite

Yeah, it's tech news, but a tough call one whether such idiocy should be given the press exposure it's hoping for.

FreeLow, Blista, Laowai and 2 others like this.
  6. Anemone

Anemone Gawd

Last gasps of the desperate but doomed.

7. Shoganai

Shoganai Limp Gawd

That’s incredibly childish and ridiculous.

8. Lateralus

Lateralus More [H]uman than Human

Ok, that's pretty funny. The mock charging cable is the ICE-ing on the cake. :p

hlfbkd420, DrezKill, Angry and 6 others like this.
  9. The Mad Atheist

The Mad Atheist Gawd

Need to be laws against this. Feel sorry for the truck owners, seems like they have tiny dicks and need to prove something.
    Vote call to change thread title to "Circumcised Beta Male uMeriKa Hicks Threaten by How Future Vehicles Will Run".

IRSmurf, griff30, azuza001 and 25 others like this.
  10. Catboxer

Catboxer [H]ard|Gawd

Why do I feel like this happened once, probably as a joke, and now it's being reported across the interwebs as a widespread movement.

hlfbkd420, DrezKill, AlphaQup and 9 others like this.
  11. Twisted Kidney

Twisted Kidney 2[H]4U

Pickup truck drivers that don't have a company name on the door are pretty bad in terms of basic vehicular conduct.

You slap a luxury name-plate on there and you have way too much compensating to comprehend.

12. Galvin

Galvin 2[H]4U

Not sure why people would care about electric vehicles unless its threatening your job

13. DarthBeavis

DarthBeavis 2[H]4U

That retards. Love to see some smart bad a$$ get out of an electric car and beat down one of these hicks. You can have different views but you cross the line when you take a thought and make it action. You also do not know if the electric car driver just might be having a really BAD day and is on the verge of going postal. We hear about mass shootings on a regular basis . . . .so be the one who sets someone off.

14. Draax

Draax [H]ardness Supreme

Why is there such a correlation between trucks and douche bags ?

haste., griff30, AlphaQup and 19 others like this.
  15. Brokennails

Brokennails [H]ard|Gawd

Fucking Kmart cowboys.... ahuck

Electric vehicle owner probably stole his sister from him.

IRSmurf, griff30, Darth Kyrie and 2 others like this.
  16. DKS

DKS Limp Gawd

How can there be? Parking for chargers on private property are governed by rules and regulations of the owner of the parking lot. The property owner can tag and tow a vehicle blocking a charger on their property and make is quite pricey to do so, what with tow charges, storage charges, release fees and all, but municipalities have no control over parking on private property. There is also likely an agreement in place between any private lot owner and Tesla (does Tesla pay rental fees?) and the wording of that agreement might have to be taken into account.

17. TAP

TAP Limp Gawd

We have affordable e-cars knocking at 400mi range. I'd say the problem is pretty close to solved for all but the longest driving distances.

Talyrius and Darth Kyrie like this.
  18. Brokennails

Brokennails [H]ard|Gawd

Because these douche bags all run chipped diesels with fucking smoke stacks and think it's funny to blow smoke all over other drivers

haste., Sovi3t, griff30 and 12 others like this.
  19. DKS

DKS Limp Gawd

Such hate for truck owners. For the record, I own a truck and I would never give an electric vehicle room in my driveway. You will have to pry the steering wheel of my truck from my cold, dead hands.

mullet, AlphaQup, Armenius and 5 others like this.
  20. TAP

TAP Limp Gawd

Crazy thing is these dim wits doing this believe they're being patriotic...

21. scojer

scojer 2[H]4U

They probably vape and do the same thing.

griff30 likes this.
  22. The Mad Atheist

The Mad Atheist Gawd

Sister must have been a hidden gem!

Brokennails likes this.
  23. Lateralus

Let the Tesla guys beat up the truck owners and let people run down those Antifa twats that block the roads with their protests. Everybody wins!

griff30, scojer and Extra-Titanian like this.
  24. DKS

DKS Limp Gawd

Rolling Coal.

haste., Laowai and testicle like this.
  25. Extra-Titanian

Extra-Titanian [H]ard|Gawd

Same. And the dependence on rare earth elements. Never made much sense replacing a dependance on a non-renewable resource with a dependance on an even more rare non-renewable resource.

Same reason there's a correlation between electric car owners and extreme arrogance. They're like the original prius owners from a decade ago, except now they have the internet to get outraged all over now.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  26. Mr. Perfect

Mr. Perfect Limp Gawd

Why do the truck drivers even give a damn? It's not like someone else owning a Tesla is threatening their trucks. What's the beef here?

griff30, Revdarian, Nobu and 5 others like this.
  27. TAP

TAP Limp Gawd

Sounds like you're harboring some ill feelings of your own. E-car take your lunch money?

haste., Accursed, Talyrius and 5 others like this.
  28. Lateralus

No, they don't ALL do it. I think it's absolutely stupid when they do what you describe, but I'm also not a fan of generalizations and I think those dbag truck drivers are in the minority just like dbag drivers of German cars are. Ok, on second thought, maybe you got me. :D

Brokennails likes this.
  29. Brokennails

Brokennails [H]ard|Gawd

Hahah, I hate everyone equally!!

30. Makaveli@BETA

Makaveli@BETA 2[H]4U

they are truckers, not the brightest bunch on the block.

31. DarthBeavis

DarthBeavis 2[H]4U

Truck drivers doing this are just as big of douchebags as PETA activists protesting outside of restaurants serving meat.

griff30, Talyrius, kirbyrj and 7 others like this.
  32. thewhitedrewcarey

thewhitedrewcarey n00b

Actually, municipalities have a lot of jurisdiction on setting laws and regulations over parking on private property.

33. TonyZ

TonyZ Limp Gawd

If I had a Tesla or EV and saw something like that and needed a charge, the truck owner would need a new set of tires and paint.

34. Meeho

Meeho [H]ardness Supreme

Aaahahahahaha!

KurrisMayfield likes this.
  35. thecold

thecold Limp Gawd

I own a 2002 3/4 ton diesel pickup. Honestly, that's just rude. I think the same thing of people who choose to roll coal from a diesel pickup.

jfreund, JoeRChillin and TAP like this.
  36. viscountalpha

viscountalpha 2[H]4U

Ticket and tow those dumb fuckers.

37. Tsumi

Tsumi [H]ardForum Junkie

Brodozers and ricers. Large impractical wheels, lifted/slammed, HIDs in headlights that glare everywhere, and all compensating for something.

Those cars typically give up on something, and that is often cargo space in the name of aerodynamics, weight reduction, and just making things smaller in general. The smaller of a hole you punch in the air, the less drag you have. I want a full size sedan that can do at least 300 miles and charge from 0 to 250 mile range in less than 10 minutes.

Extra-Titanian likes this.
  38. Nolan7689

Nolan7689 [H]ard|Gawd

Well this thread immediately became as toxic as exhaust fumes.

39. USMCGrunt

USMCGrunt 2[H]4U

Rare Earth Elements is a slight misnomer in that they aren't rare at all, they're actually quite common. The problem is their density in the ground is super low so to get an industrial level quantity of the stuff requires mass strip mining.

Why the hate for electrics, would you roll coal on an electric and if so, why?

Talyrius likes this.
  40. 1Nocturnal101

1Nocturnal101 Gawd

I love this, people buying an oversized truck or SUV they don't need or will never use except that 1% situation, that can't drive it properly to begin with because it's so large yet they frankly were already incompetent at driving to begin with, yet halting progress like it's some Noble cause, the stupidity is astounding.

Just to show how stupid they are,
    Wouldn't they want people to switch over to electric, with less a demand for fuel their waste of space vehicle that gussles gas like no tommorrow will get cheaper to operate as less demand for fuel would lead to lower prices?

So this protest is the equivalent of shooting ones self in the foot?

SpeedBump, Revdarian, cattix and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.