Troubleshooting RAM - Stumped...

I have a set of Corsair Dominator Platinum, 4GB x 4, 3000MHz DDR4 which inexplicably stopped booting today. My Gigabyte mobo will not post with the stuff installed, though it's run without issue for a few months since I bought the memory.

I pulled out a second PC and tested each stick of Corsair Dominator Platinum by itself. Each stick was recognized and booted without issue. I took the memory from that second PC and used it to test the slots in my main rig, checking first slots 1 & 2, and then slots 3 & 4. The machine booted without issue on both configurations, recognizing all the RAM.

I'm at a bit of a loss here. I couldn't find a bad DIMM and I couldn't find a bad slot, but the two won't play nicely with each other any more.

Got any advice?

update and then reset the bios. see if you can get just one stick to work then set the voltage a little higher and manually set the timings.

update and then reset the bios. see if you can get just one stick to work then set the voltage a little higher and manually set the timings.
Thanks for the advice. Upon seating the temporary sticks, my bios informed me that it had reset itself due to the boot loop. So, leaving everything at default, I reseated the Dominator and it's working again now. My old overclock and XPM profile both loaded without issue.

The weird thing is that this was the third time I'd just reseated the ram since the start of this debacle. But it seems to be fixed now.

Back