troubleshooting assistance needee

Myrandex

Limp Gawd
Alright guys I am at my wits end and am looking for troubleshooting recommendations for a build I'm working on. Here are the components:

AMD A8 5600K
MSI FM2-A75MA-E35
8GB DDR3

No matter what I've done I'm receiving memory errors in memtest86+. I have three different brands and speeds of memory (G.Skill 1600, PNY 1333, GeIL 1333). I have RMA'ed the CPU with AMD and the motherboard with MSI. I've tested just a single 4GB memory stick in either motherboard memory slot. All of the memory I've put into my phenom II system and no memory errors exist there. I've tried decreasing memory speeds in the bios.

Ultimately I cannot boot into an operating system (tried off of a DVD distribution) nor can I install an OS onto the hard drive.

Any ideas? It isn't too often that I can't figure something out like this given my experience but I'm getting real tired of paying shipping fees to rma hardware.

Thanks,

Jason

Woohoo this was fixed! For some reason an old SATA hard drive plugged into the board was causing all of the problems sine receiving the RMA'ed motherboard. Now with that old hard drive unplugged, it is running like a champ.

Jason

Back