Trouble with Torrents

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Nismo, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Nismo

Nismo [H]ard|Gawd

Hey guys, I have always been able to use torrents in the past with great success. Now, I've tried both Azurus and uTorrent and can't get anything to start downloading. The client doesn't pick up any seeds/peers. But, I am trying a very popular torrent(others as well) with 400 seeds/peers on the site.

I've got my port fwded through my router, and it is set up on the torrent client to that port... What else is there?

2. hity645

hity645 [H]ardness Supreme

In options uTorrent has a port forward test, I suggest you run that to make sure it is not the router. Also check your firewall settings.

3. Nismo

Nismo [H]ard|Gawd

The firewall should be disabled in windows... Azurus and uTorrent both have the port fwd test, but they always say it's ok on the pass-through.

What else can you guys think of?

4. Xee

Xee [H]ard|Gawd

Have you tried right-clicking on the torrents in uTorrent and selecting "Force Start"? Also, what does it say in the General tab in the Tracker section for things like Tracker URL, Tracker Status, etc?

5. Nismo

Nismo [H]ard|Gawd

Yes, I have tried "Force Start" in both programs, nothing...

I will need to check on the General Tab when I get home...

6. Nismo

Nismo [H]ard|Gawd

Well, I came home and searched for the port listings online. Found a series of ports that are not taken up. Also, I was reading about ports being black listed on ISPs... So, as of now, everything is working...