Trouble With Server 2012 R2 Shares

ElectroPulse

Limp Gawd
Hello, all!

(Note: I am a complete newbie when it comes to setting up servers. I have only dealt with already-in-place servers in the past, and this is my first foray into the world of server setup)

Preparing a Windows Server 2012 Standard for rolling out in the computer lab here, and have been running into some problems...

Anyway, here's the deal: I set up a share, share it with the appropriate groups, set the appropriate security settings for the appropriate groups, and am unable to access it with anything short of a domain admin.

I even tried setting the sharing and the security settings to full control for everyone, and still nothing.

I'm wondering if there's some sort of setting I need to change to allow access to the server by non-admins? I can access all the shares with my domain admin account, and can view the shares under \\servername, but with a non-admin I cannot view anything. When I got to \\servername or \\servername\testshare it just says "Accessing the resource '\\pmasrv1' has been disallowed."

Where I've worked in the past, all domain users were at least able to browse through the shares on the the server, but were unable to access the ones they did not have rights to... In this case I am not even able to do that much with a non-admin account.

EDIT: Well, tried (what I thought was) a long-shot, and it turns out that it's due to the "Run" box being disabled... Turns out I am able to browse to it, but cannot enter it into the address bar. Looking into this further...

Any ideas?

Thanks!
ElectroPulse

Last edited:
Back