Trouble with playing HBOGO videos on my mac

azn712

Limp Gawd
i tried to search for a fix on google, but had little luck. Tried all the trouble shooting tips but none of them did anything. I tried three different browsers: safari, chrome, and firefox. None of them worked.
when i play a video, the buffering wheel would just keeps on spinning. I can play youtube and yahoo videos fine. My adobe flash software is up to date.

Does anyone know what is the problem? Should i update any codec packs?

change the settings on your blockers (peerguardian, ghostery, etc.) in accordance with the bolded section in post #6

Last edited:
hmmm this is weird, i am still having trouble with this
I was about to install silverlight and flash to see if I could replicate your problem but first I checked my gf's macbook air
she doesn't have silverlight or flash installed so I started checking other options

turns out that I had ghostery installed on chrome
after setting it so it didn't block anything on hbogo and testing that it worked (it did) I then blocked everything and tried each selection individually until I could get it to stop working

the solution:
unblock conviva

Last edited:
I was having the exact same issue in all three browsers, tried updating silverlight, tried downgrading flash to 10.3, disabling all the plug-ins in safari and firefox and nothing worked. uninstalling peerguardian did the the trick - it was blocking access to web-based flash servers.

instead of uninstalling peerguardian completely change the settings in accordance with the bolded section in post #6

personally, I recommend uninstalling flash if you're only using it for video playback. use chrome and/or change the user agent in safari on a per session basis to iPad

Back