trouble with my SN45G's onboard sound

ryguy2fly

n00b
Alright, this is really a minor problem, but i'd rather have it not a problem at all :)

The sound is fine everywhere else, but when I enter Counter-Strike (or any other steam based application for that matter) there is a slight "staticy" noise in the background, which can prove to be quite annoying. Secondly, when i'm using ventrilo (voice program), and i'm in cs my mic sounds fuzzier/stacticy to everybody else, but is fine in windows, and in other programs.

Has anybody else had this problem, or could have some input?

Shuttle SN45G with the nForce 2 chipset, using the nVidia soundstorm control panel

try playing with the environmental and eax settings maybe? also, for staticy mic, turn off the +20db gain boost. it's not much, but when every single program boosts it, it gets enhanced

This is actually a known issue with Shuttle boxes. The front sound panel has a grounding issue that was brought up awhile ago in the Sudhian forums. The fix for it was to remove the front sound panel and use motherboard spacers (for example redish ceramic washers) on the screws that held the PCB to the chassis. Some people called it a "buzzing" noise, or, static effect. For the life of me, I cannot find the thread, but if I do, I will update the info for you ;)

Regards,

-E

Back