Trouble w/ gts (g92) overclock

CaiNaM

Limp Gawd
having trouble overclocking 8800gts (g92)
vista 32

was previously running g80 with fw169.25 and ntune. didn't require a "utility" as i had my clock settings hard coded in the bios.

uninstalled g80, shut down and removed. installed g92, started and installed fw169.25.

not much performance difference between the g80 @ 621/1Ghz so time to overclock and see what this g92 is really capable of. the memory speed was of more interest to me, as there's obviously more gpu power in g92, however i run @1650 and use AA, so memory bandwidth was what i was after.

opened nv cp, and under "performance", selected "find optimal". well, it underclocked the card... so i tried manually overclocking it, and it failed the test if 1mhz over stock gpu clock (670Mhz). hmmm...

uninstalled ntune, rebooted, and reinstalled. under "performance" there was no longer a "find optimal" button. i could actually manually change the settings this time, however after applied, they didn't actually change the clock speeds, even tho higher clocks were shown in the settings. double hmmm....

uninstalled ntune again, downloaded and installed rivatuner 2.06. edited to config file:

rt_206_cfg.jpg

RT recognized the g92, however it does not offer any options for overclocking, only refresh rate, desktop color, and help:

rt_206.jpg

anyone offer suggestions? thanks.

Try looking on the Rivatuner Forums, for settings info with Vista. I've seen some good info posted there.

Back