Trouble trying to offset OC my 2600k

bpizzle1

Supreme [H]ardness
I finally decided to stop being lazy and try to get my 2600k OC'd in offset mode instead of just running it at 4.5ghz 24/7. The problem is, I can't seem to get the CPU to actually go up to the speed that I set the turbo multipliers. Currently, it will downclock itself to 1.6ghz when not under load, but when I load the cores with Prime95, the CPU never goes higher than 3.4ghz even though the turbo multipliers are all set to 45.

Any idea what the problem could be? Glancing through my BIOS, it looks like everything required to have turbo boost work is enabled. PC is in my sig if that helps. Thanks in advance.

Kinda weird... Can you post some pictures of your bios setup?... Also, never use the turbo mode to set the CPU max speed, turbo boost increase the heat very very noticable... Also increment the need of voltage at pretty ridiculous amount... You can set. X45 CPU multiplier leaving turbo mode off and will be much more stable... And still will idle at 1600 depending on the windows energy modes, if you set windows on high performance mode it will keep your CPU at 4.5ghz all the time, if you set on balanced it will just use the amount of MHZ needed, so even at x45multiplier CPU with turbo mode off on games or other programs it will just vary the speed according the needs of the cpu so you will see 1600-2000-2800-3000- up to 4500mhz depend on the needs... So the term of offset its not right used...

Back