Trouble getting 4k 60 Hz to work

I have had a heck of a time trying to get this to work. Here is my scenario:

- Vizio M70-C3 TV (one HDMI port supports 4K @ 60hz while the rest support 4K @ 30hz.
- HDMI Cable is rated HDMI 2.0 for HDCP 2.2 and 4K @ 60hz compatibility.
- HTPC System:
Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac (the ONLY motherboard with onboard HDMI in a MicroATX/ITX form factor that supports 4K @ 60 hz via the optional chipset to allow 4k @ 60 hz with onboard graphics)
Core i3 6300 with Intel 530 graphics
16 GB DDR4 Corsair 2600 MHz
Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Ceton Labs InfiniTV PCIE 6 Cable Card Tuner
Windows 7 x64

Behavior:

- Using either the Intel utility or the built in Windows screen resolution panel, when switch to 4K resolutions, 30 Hz works perfectly fine. 60 Hz will black the screen out and will not display.

Things I have tried already:

- I have a Roku 4 and it can connect to the display just fine at 4K 60 hz so I'm pretty sure it's not a display issue
- Verified that I have plugged into the proper HDMI out on the motherboard (there are 2 and only 1 is for 4k60 hz)
- Purchased brand new verified and 4k60hz capable HDMI cables
- Googled it

Anyone else have ideas?

Ok, I think I found out what the issue might be. On ASROCKs website, there is a PDF that talks about 60 hz at 2K or 4K needing an HDMI firmware update (my guess it's for the extra controller since that's what handles the high resolutions at 60hz). The problem is that I run the utility and it says "bobcat aux-isp tool firmware updating can't be started." I look at the logs and it doesn't say anything other than it detected the intel graphics adapter. Thoughts?

Here's a link to their PDF document: http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/TSD/[email protected]

So I was able to FINALLY get the stupid firmware installed but still no 4K at anything above 30Hz. This is so aggravating. Grr...

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
i had a headache trying to get my vizio m49 to run 4k60hz. i ended up having to use a different cable cause that one was buggy, and played with nvidia control panel settings till it finally recognized chroma 4:2:0 that way i can do 4k60hz

I haven't been able to get it work yet, no.

As for another machine, I may just have to move my desktop down there to see if it's the TV or something with Intel or perhaps even just a stupid cable.

HDMI 1.4 can only do 4K@60 when you use 4:2:0 subsampling. I'm not for sure how you would change that in the Intel drivers. You may be stuck with whatever Asrock provides since it's something unique to them and Intel graphics.

HDMI 1.4 can only do 4K@60 when you use 4:2:0 subsampling. I'm not for sure how you would change that in the Intel drivers. You may be stuck with whatever Asrock provides since it's something unique to them and Intel graphics.

The board has HDMI 2.0.

It could definitely still be a cable issue. I had issues even with "properly rated" cables on my 4k/60hz setup (1 from Monoprice and 1 from Amazon that was defective). I would try a few alternatives before ruling that out as an issue.

Back