tropico 4 collector's bundle is 9.99 on steam

arr4ws

Supreme [H]ardness
I guess in these troubled sim city time , Steam decided to discount tropico 4.

9.99 for tropico 4 with all dlc

Wonder if its worth it...

I've been trying to put off buying this game for the longest....I have now failed, hehe

I skipped on this when it came out because it looked identical to Tropico 3.. and some of those DLC packs are so fucking laughable "oh hey you get a new trait, new building, and a new uniform for your ruler..." seriously? That's worth $5? Fuck that. But everything for $10... might be worth it.

Entertaining game, really easy, but entertaining. Played through the original game, not XPAC, or DLC.

the game, the "expansion", and the dlc is all so fucking insulting to fans of the series. Modern Times has some of the lowest quality models and textures seen in a game in a decade, no exaggeration, and even all together the DLCs are arguably not worth 5 dollars, but still, for 10 bucks for everything it's worth it. But it isn't Tropico 4. It's Tropico 3.2

can you tell me about this kalypso sign in DRM?

You create an "account" with Kalypso and sign in once. You can set it to remember your password and you never have to deal with again unless you install on multiple computers or format your HDD. I don't know if it moves your saves to "the cloud" or anything.

It's painless, I had no problem doing it.

I enjoyed Tropico 4. I never played any of the previous Tropicos, so I can't comment on the notion that it's a ripoff vs. Tropico 3 and previous, although fans of the series seem to say that almost universally.

It is definitely worth $10, even if you have Tropico 3.

I disagree. I love me some tropico 3 and a friend of mine has 4. I prefer 3 in most ways. DLC aside tropico 4 is tropico 3 minus the flavor. With the dlc the game is simply too easy to merit playing.

but if you're a fan of the series there's no reason at all to play Tropico 3 over Tropico 4 except for price. Tropico 4 has several important economic innovations and critical bugfixes that made Tropico 3 a huge PITA at times.

but if you're a fan of the series there's no reason at all to play Tropico 3 over Tropico 4 except for price. Tropico 4 has several important economic innovations and critical bugfixes that made Tropico 3 a huge PITA at times.

The one thing I noticed was that it highlighted buildings that got destroyed after a disaster. Aside from that it is a step backward.

The one thing I noticed was that it highlighted buildings that got destroyed after a disaster. Aside from that it is a step backward.

You clearly played it very little. I'm a very vocal critic of the game, but the criticisms all lie with the fact it isn't a new game, it's extremely overpriced, and the fact they less than half-assed the dlc and expansion, but viewing Tropico 3 through rose colored glasses without comparing the actual, functional differences between the games does service to no one, because the functional gameplay differences (transport more flexible and overall less broken, industry actually works now and is a viable strategy, far more choice and flexibility with strategy options in all game types, to name several) are what make all the difference.

For anyone on the fence, this game is really great. For $10 its a no-brainer.

For anyone on the fence, this game is really great. For $10 its a no-brainer.

Definitely. No idea why all the hate from some people here, this game is awesome. The game + all the DLC/expansions for only $10? Amazing deal. Bought one for me and my friend.

Wait, so a game has to span all 3 monitors for it to be enjoyable and worth your money? You sir have missed the point of gaming.

I'm glad someone else said something about this too. I read that comment and pretty much facepalm. Spend xx dollars on hardware made for gaming and then can't play certain games.

This might not be quite the same thing, but with HoTS out now, I've noticed people talking about framerates dipping in certain parts. These people have CF 7970s or 680s in SLI and they're getting the same fps as I am on X58 and a 5870. I mean, I'm not bagging on them for their expensive hardware, more power to them, but it just seems funny I guess. Sometimes people seem to be more in love with their hardware than the reason the hardware even exists in the first place.

Wait, so a game has to span all 3 monitors for it to be enjoyable and worth your money? You sir have missed the point of gaming.

I thought the same thing as you until I *gasp* read the rest of the thread/comments.

There is another eyefinity user that states that the game crashes when trying to open any mission.

In my mind, that does make the game unplayable and therefore, yes, it was a waste of his money.

I never played the campaign in Tropico 3 or 4 lol, I love me some sandbox though, especially with the population limit removed.

I thought the same thing as you until I *gasp* read the rest of the thread/comments.

There is another eyefinity user that states that the game crashes when trying to open any mission.

In my mind, that does make the game unplayable and therefore, yes, it was a waste of his money.
Um, turn off Eyefinity then. Simple solution, but seems to be unwanted since it won't span all 3 monitors and thus ruins immersion or whatever. Me, I would just play it on one monitor, because I wouldn't care.

Really? The Gabe plays just fine with eyefinity off... But good job trying to be condescending and making a fool of yourself.

So why didn't you spend about 10 seconds on Google before buying the game to see if it ran on Eyefinity?

I have three monitors (running Eyefinity and now NV Surround), I deal with the same thing. If three screen support matters, I always check beforehand. Tropico 4 isn't exactly a brand new game that came out 2 minutes ago.

So why didn't you spend about 10 seconds on Google before buying the game to see if it ran on Eyefinity?

I have three monitors (running Eyefinity and now NV Surround), I deal with the same thing. If three screen support matters, I always check beforehand. Tropico 4 isn't exactly a brand new game that came out 2 minutes ago.

I didn't spend the time because I do not have/use eyefinity. I was just pointing out the irony of his answer being answered a couple more posts down.

I didn't spend the time because I do not have/use eyefinity. I was just pointing out the irony of his answer being answered a couple more posts down.

That was not an answer. Win key + p extend desktops. Plays fine...

The irony is someone spending tons of cash to game and completely dismissing a game for not spanning 3 monitors...

Oh and that's speaking as a multi monitor user myself.

No offense but triple-monitors are still pretty fringe/niche in terms of percentage of people with them. Obviously on this forum there's going to be a higher concentration of people with that setup than outside of here so it may seem like eyefinity is more widespread than it is, but for games older than the latest/greatest AAA titles, well what do you expect. Its like complaining there's no Swahili language option.

wow...lot of anger for just pointing out that it doesnt work in eyefinity/suround. Yes I did a search before a got it, no I didnt find anything that said it wouldnt work at all.

The game isnt that old and most games will work for the most part.

Um, turn off Eyefinity then. Simple solution, but seems to be unwanted since it won't span all 3 monitors and thus ruins immersion or whatever. Me, I would just play it on one monitor, because I wouldn't care.

Right, if you read my signature you'd see I run portrait eyefinity. You try gaming on 1 monitor at 1200x1920, not fun. The reason I run portrait is because its a 16:10 ratio which makes compatibility with games pretty much a non-issue and I prefer it for just about all the games I play (mostly RTS and FPS) all of my 240 steam games work besides Tropico 4.

Why doesnt Tropico 4 work? Because the developers decided to put a "safe mode" feature in the game that when it crashes it forces the game to load up at 800x600 resolution. Something that doesnt play well with eyefinity. Wouldn't be so bad if I could edit a config file to set a resolution that works with eyefinity but guess what? The config file for Tropico 4 is encrypted. Why you would encrypt a config file is beyond me. So in order to fix it, I have to rotate one of my displays to landscape mode, disable eyefinity, set my desktop to landscape view, open Tropico 4, set the resolution to Window mode, exit the game, switch the monitor back to portrait view, re-enable eyefinity, open up Tropico 4, set the resolution back to 3600x1920, load a game up, and then have it crash again. Always crashes on level load without fail.

Back