Trolling In The Division By Standing In A Doorway

HardOCP News

[H] News
I haven't had a chance to play The Division yet but I can tell you right now, this would certainly piss me off. The good news is that, with a little patience, you can actually get around people doing this by continuously running directly into them.

Why? Just why?

Thankfully I didn't see it last night when I logged on because it was past these kids bedtimes lol.

Why? Just why?

Thankfully I didn't see it last night when I logged on because it was past these kids bedtimes lol.

That or they were one of the many that couldn't get on. I tried to log on and got the all ubisoft servers are done message. tried later and finally got on.

This is why i shy away from online and mmo type games. I used to be a UO junky. Back then i called them greavers. People who just want to annoy others for the sake of being a dick.

Reminds me of all of the Left For Dead exploits people would use to block passages and ruin the game.

They just need to let characters pass through each other after pushing up against them for a second or two. Or just get rid of player collision, period. I don't think getting rid of player collision is going to break or unbalance the game in any way. There are always going to be assholes in online games trying to ruin your day.

They just need to let characters pass through each other after pushing up against them for a second or two. Or just get rid of player collision, period. I don't think getting rid of player collision is going to break or unbalance the game in any way. There are always going to be assholes in online games trying to ruin your day.

No, that would break the game. PVP where you can't collide is a problem. It doesn't break that one room, breaks it outside of that one rare safe zone where you interact with others

just like most games - allow others to "push" you

Or allow you to push others.... heck it could be used as part of the gameplay- push someone back and hit them with a bat ;)

Axe

LOL... And nobody thought/encountered this scenario during developement and QA testing?

Riiiiiiiigghtt.... /facepalm

If I was playing, this would probably piss me off. But I have to admit, I was LOL when he started doing jumping-jacks.

I think my favorite part of Dirty Bomb (a f2p FPS) is that there's no player clipping with teammates. No more idiots blocking you while you try to backup. Including player collision is just poor foresight.

People used to do this in Killing Floor also. They would stand in the doorway to the trader so nobody could buy any guns or ammo which meant the team would wipe the next wave. Thankfully, it was patched by turning off player clipping during the trader time.

As one of the comments said: This is a perfect representation of Ubisoft's servers (last night for those who tried to get on for an hour). "Fuck you, you're not getting in!"

I would think it would be easy to allow team player clipping near doorways. Is that too easy to think of?

people have too much time on their hands trying to think of ways of breaking a game and ruining other people's enjoyment

Old trick, but I still get a smile when I see it. I am not a fan of collision with NPCs, let alone other players. Player collision is only acceptable when you have full PVP rights and can kill someone out of the way.

people have too much time on their hands trying to think of ways of breaking a game and ruining other people's enjoyment

In all honesty, this is going to effect almost nobody. This is the one area that you share with others and is right at the start of the game (outside of the pvp area). Even then, that room is nothing so you have went into an empty room and then tried to turn around to have somebody trap you in there. Everything else outside of that safehouse is your own instance. So you are looking at 3 of your friends screwing with you at worse, or somebody doing this in a pvp area where you can kill them.

So this really is being made to be more of a big deal by people here who know nothing about the game than it will actually be in game.

So you are looking at 3 of your friends screwing with you at worse, or somebody doing this in a pvp area where you can kill them.

if you kill them in a pvp area then you go Rogue which is not what you want...

What's sad is this shit was happening on the Beta too. There were about 6 guys blocking the hallway when I first tried the beta, couldn't even get to a place with combat.

My immediate thought was POOLS CLOSED. Hopefully people are reporting this shit behavior and Ubisoft just fucking bans these pricks. And after banning them, fix the issue.

Yea once you kill them to get them out of the way, everyone can kill you. It will likely be fixed as it is experience damaging. A simple oversight, no way to predict every possible outcome

This is why i shy away from online and mmo type games. I used to be a UO junky. Back then i called them greavers. People who just want to annoy others for the sake of being a dick.

Greavers? Is that a FireFly reference?

My launch wasn't without issue. First had a black screen issue. Googled that and found a fix. Then I had the issue where the laptop at the first safehouse wouldn't work for anyone (there was like 12 of us trying to figure it out), I figured that one out by going outside and running around a bit.

Played a bit and then lost connection to all of the servers.

you mean the dark zone isn't meant to be rouge nation? I guess I was playing it wrong in the beta then. I killed all the red people... which were 90% of the people I saw there.

While not a fps game, I use a RC simulator with multi-player (RealFlight). If a player doesn't move their aircraft a set distance it becomes transparent and collisions cannot occur. Once moving, the other player become solid and collisions can occur. If the player stops for 10-15 seconds they're become transparent again. I know you're wondering why we would want this on a RC sim but it allows people to use a runway and not hit aircraft that would otherwise not allow takeoffs or landings. This would solve the problem.

That's funny, I love a good troll. Not that I'm a troll, but I find them hilarious.

LOL... And nobody thought/encountered this scenario during developement and QA testing?

Riiiiiiiigghtt.... /facepalm

This part of the game wasn't tested in Alpha or Beta. This was all put in for the full game and it's a Destiny sized mess.

Whomever thought that having every single one of the new players login to the same room to click on one single item in order to advance to your own instance needs to be fired into the sun. This is stupid shit that even Blizzard hasn't done in YEARS as they learned from all those idiotic gating quests from Mists of Pandaria.

The sad part is that you hit this 'bug' in the first 10-15min of the game, you might as well keep logging out and logging into a different 'lobby' to try getting a less populated area. This won't be a problem in the coming months as the amount of new players will die off, but at the start it's a huge gating mess.

Law of Unintended Consequences.

Reactions: Yakk
like this
ha, that's awesome. I know what I'll be doing when I need to go AFK for any reason

The sad part is that you hit this 'bug' in the first 10-15min of the game, you might as well keep logging out and logging into a different 'lobby' to try getting a less populated area. This won't be a problem in the coming months as the amount of new players will die off, but at the start it's a huge gating mess.

Law of Unintended Consequences.

I'm guessing you don't play the game.

This isn't an issue.

This is completely blown out of proportion.

If you played the game, you would realize this. But you don't. So please quit with the CNN-hype level "Destiny-sized mess" bullshit.

In all honesty, this is going to effect almost nobody. This is the one area that you share with others and is right at the start of the game (outside of the pvp area). Even then, that room is nothing so you have went into an empty room and then tried to turn around to have somebody trap you in there. Everything else outside of that safehouse is your own instance. So you are looking at 3 of your friends screwing with you at worse, or somebody doing this in a pvp area where you can kill them.

So this really is being made to be more of a big deal by people here who know nothing about the game than it will actually be in game.

If that's really the case, then the best solution to me seems to be a button inside the "panic room" with nothing in it to bring down the 2 ton armored door on hydraulic rams and squish the dipshit pulling that crap.

If that's really the case, then the best solution to me seems to be a button inside the "panic room" with nothing in it to bring down the 2 ton armored door on hydraulic rams and squish the dipshit pulling that crap.

I would not be opposed to this

MOVE!

Not until you agree to our pay raise arrangements. Now about that $15 per hour..., and we don't care how much the aliens are paying.

nice usually games let you walk though people or just give you enough room to squeeze by.

I'm guessing you don't play the game.

This isn't an issue.

This is completely blown out of proportion.

If you played the game, you would realize this. But you don't. So please quit with the CNN-hype level "Destiny-sized mess" bullshit.

Maybe you got lucky by going through at off hours. I got to listen to people complain for over an hour about this in our teamspeak channel about not being able to get through that silly scene so they could play the game. It most certainly is a problem during prime time.

There was a line of about 10 people when I went through but I was able to walk right up front and use the laptop without any issues.

Back