Troll: Smoke3dogg

Status
Not open for further replies.

-slash-

Limp Gawd
This guy PM'd me about selling a used GTX 780 Gigabyte GHz edition to me after he noticed my post in a thread saying I was looking for one. We agreed on a price and to pay via Amazon Payments. I payed his asking price and he said h would ship the card the next day. Th next day came (Wed Jan 29th) and he PM'd me saying he was running out to ship the card and would return with a tracking number. I have not heard from him since. A card has not arrived and repeated email and PM have gone ignored. I have disputed the charges with my CC company.

Yes I should not have sent money to someone who was so new, but I did find his username and email addy in use on multiple other computer forums with lots of posts as well as verified 3dmark scores with the card he was trying to sell me. Normally I wouldnt be so quick to dispute as sometimes delays happen in shipping via the carrier, but the lack of ANY contact since he supposedly left to ship the card has resulted in my action. I guess a warning to all that we all know anyway, only buy/sell with people who have verified selling records. Also I will most likely NEVER use Amazon Payments again as they have no buyer protection whatsoever. This is why I use a CC for online purchases and always will.

Edit: Username is Smok3dogg

Last edited:
Did he have feedback? Heat? Ebay? If not it's really your fault you got screwed. Sorry man its what everyone else will say.

And for all the PayPal haters... 99% he'd be getting his money back if he used paypal. Plain and simple.

Did he have feedback? Heat? Ebay? If not it's really your fault you got screwed. Sorry man its what everyone else will say.

And for all the PayPal haters... 99% he'd be getting his money back if he used paypal. Plain and simple.

I found a few positive sales on another forum for game codes and such. No heat or Ebay.

Exactly. Luckily Chase is pretty dang good about this too. Had my card compromised and they had me a new card and charges reversed in 48 hours.

Smok3dogg, Join Date: 01-23-2014

Don't blame Amazon Payment just because you didn't do your homework before sending the payment. You deserves to be scammed.

Don't blame Amazon Payment just because you didn't do your homework before sending the payment. You deserves to be scammed.

I didnt blame Amazon payments at all, just stated I do not like how they have no buyer protection. I was well aware of that before hand hence the use of my CC, I just dont like it being the only form of safety. [H] knows all though:rolleyes:

It does indeed suck that you didn't get some background information on him. Good thing you did it with a credit card. Even though it was through Amazon.

Smok3Dogg
n00bie

Last Activity: 01-28-2014 03:36 PM

Total Posts

Total Posts: 8
Posts Per Day: 0.72

Last Activity: 01-28-2014 03:36 PM
Referrals: 0

The sad thing is he shouldn't even be in here doing deals. But what you and him do behind the scenes is your business. As all this was done through pms. As he can't post in the for sale and trade forums yet until he hits 100 post.

Live and learn is all we can do as we are only humans. I honestly wished [H] would lock folks out the For Sale and Trade forums until they get the 100 post. As in they can't even view anything posted in there until they do. But this is my opinion though.

Good luck on the outcome and wish you luck.

I partially agree that it's somewhat his fault, but telling someone they deserve to be scammed is just childish. That was not needed and you make yourself look rather immature saying such things.

No one deserves to be scammed out of there money or parts, end of story.

OP, amazon payment should only be used with members who have decent heat and are actively on the forums. Before paying with this method, read a few of his feedbacks and see how big of a trade he has been in. .

None of what I said will guarantee you from getting trolled/scam but it's something to consider before sending payment next time.

I know how it feels like to get burned. When one comes here to tell of there lost, the least you could do is offer him some tips for his/her next trades rather then bash on him. I've seen this happen a lot here and I am pretty surprised as to how many immature folks we have here.

Live and learn is all we can do as we are only humans. I honestly wished [H] would lock folks out the For Sale and Trade forums until they get the 100 post. As in they can't even view anything posted in there until they do. But this is my opinion though.

x2. then again [H] would say it's our decision to deal with the nooby. But still, an easy way for trolls to make there way in.

It does indeed suck that you didn't get some background information on him. Good thing you did it with a credit card. Even though it was through Amazon.

The sad thing is he shouldn't even be in here doing deals. But what you and him do behind the scenes is your business. As all this was done through pms. As he can't post in the for sale and trade forums yet until he hits 100 post.

Good luck on the outcome and wish you luck.

Very true. It was all via PM's so [H] rules had no effect on it.
I partially agree that it's somewhat his fault, but telling someone they deserve to be scammed is just childish. That was not needed and you make yourself look rather immature saying such things.

No one deserves to be scammed out of there money or parts, end of story.

OP, amazon payment should only be used with members who have decent heat and are actively on the forums. Before paying with this method, read a few of his feedbacks and see how big of a trade he has been in. .

None of what I said will guarantee you from getting trolled/scam but it's something to consider before sending payment next time.

I know how it feels like to get burned. When one comes here to tell of there lost, the least you could do is offer him some tips for his/her next trades rather then bash on him. I've seen this happen a lot here and I am pretty surprised as to how many immature folks we have here.

x2. then again [H] would say it's our decision to deal with the nooby. But still, an easy way for trolls to make there way in.

Thank you. Yes this is the first time I have used Amazon Payments. I have made countless transactions through ebay and paypal. Shouldnt have used this from for this, but live and learn. CC company should take care of it.

This is partly my fault of course for trusting a new member. This is the first time I have had a forum transaction go bad, it will make me pass on things now if there is no solid feedback. Hell I swapped a Canon 40D with lenses for a $1000 rod/reel combo for fishing across the country with a guy. No issue.

My post is a warning to others to avoid this guy, not asking for sympathy though. I know it was dumb. Thank you for being rational you two.

Ill never understand why anyone would deal with a seller who is not even eligible to sell here ...this had scam written all over it..new member, PM trading..what could possibly go wrong??

In any event, good luck getting your money back, Smok3Dogg probably wont be coming back anytime soon.

EDIT: I have sent him a PM....historical speaking, I'm not expecting a response, and appropriate action will be taken shortly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back