Triplemon GRiD with 5870 please

SpeedyVV

Supreme [H]ardness
Can one of you "jerks" with a 5870 and triple monitors do a benchie of GRiD triple mon gameplay?

(jerks = joking of course)

I'm guessing that not many people have an Eyefinity set-up yet. Not being able to use 3 DVI has caused some wrinkles in people's plans. You might want to send Kyle or the other [H] crew a request, since they do have a working set-up.

Is there anything in particular you're looking for?
I just installed GRID so I can help... Just let me know exactly what you want

Just go get a 5870 and 3 monitors and a display port to DVI adaptor from a B&M store with a credit card, try it out for a few days, then take it all back, lolz. :p

Is there anything in particular you're looking for?
I just installed GRID so I can help... Just let me know exactly what you want

Easy, run FRAPS, run GRiD on the 3 screens and let me know the fps.

Also, just tell me what the max playable setting you found.

Thanks.

I'm seeing 50-80fps

~50-55 when there's alot of smoke on the screen
~60-65 driving in the pack
~70-80 in the lead

this is at 5760x1200, 2xMSAA
card is @ stock on system in sig

sick.... just sick!!!!

While I am very jealous, at least I am happy that this technology is finally here...

sonofander, thanks big time for testing it out.

No need sonofander.

GRiD is the most demanding game I play that "requires" triple mon.

My other driving games tend to be less demanding. Which are the games that I really like 3xmon.

From that I can extrapolate.

My setup has a few more pixels to push, so I really should wait for the 5870x2, but man, GRiD would be much better as it is.

Oh yeah. I do have one question.

How are you connecting the monitors?

Do your monitors have Display Port?

DSC00552.jpg

DSC00555.jpg

DSC00556.jpg

DSC00559.jpg

I can't get grid to run for more than 10 mins without crashing, triplehead mode or not. COD2 and grid are both major problem children for my system. Everything else works fine.

Did you move your entire desktop onto the taskbar in windows 7? :eek:

yeah, I loves me a clean desktop :)

I can't get grid to run for more than 10 mins without crashing, triplehead mode or not. COD2 and grid are both major problem children for my system. Everything else works fine.

There's definately a difference between eyefinity and th2go. With eyefinity, everything just works! There hasn't been a game I've tried yet that doesn't allow me to set my native resoloution of 5760x1200

Again guys, let me know if you're curious bout framerates in any games. Be more than happy to help out

There's definately a difference between eyefinity and th2go. With eyefinity, everything just works! There hasn't been a game I've tried yet that doesn't allow me to set my native resoloution of 5760x1200

Real challenge: Diablo2, Starcraft, Warcraft3.

Go.

EDIT: I'm actually serious about that btw... I realize starcraft is forced to 800x600 while Diablo2 may be unlockable to higher res (or so I hear, haven't tried it personally) ... and warcraft 3 has unlockable res via registry editing.

Last edited:
I never have any problems with th2g except for FOV issues which you will still get with eyefinity. try playing any call of duty games and you'll see what I mean. Without a FOV hack it will be all screwed up.

I need to know your honest opinion. Does having 3 monitors make gaming more imersive and fun? I'm right on the edge of buying 3 X Dell 23" LCD's and a 5870. If I sell my current lcd's and ATI 4890 it will cost me about $350 to upgrade everything. Thanks in adavance for answering all of our questions..

Real challenge: Diablo2, Starcraft, Warcraft3.

Go.

EDIT: I'm actually serious about that btw... I realize starcraft is forced to 800x600 while Diablo2 may be unlockable to higher res (or so I hear, haven't tried it personally) ... and warcraft 3 has unlockable res via registry editing.

don't have any of those...

I never have any problems with th2g except for FOV issues which you will still get with eyefinity. try playing any call of duty games and you'll see what I mean. Without a FOV hack it will be all screwed up.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I still have to use the FOV patch for COD. What I was talking about was no config tweaking like I had to do with softth and none of the games crash. Ever...

I think it's amazing...
I sold off my gtx280 tri-sli setup for the 5870 and don't regret that one bit. Lower power, less complicated, less heat and I can run all 3 of my monitors with 1 videocard.

As far as monitors, My previous setup was a 30" w/ two 24' on the sides. All I had to do was buy one more 24" and I was up and running.

I've been using this setup for 5 days now and think it's great. I really love the experience. I do have the feeling that the "cool" might wear off though, so I'm keeping my 30" in the closet just in case...

The biggest question from me is can BF2 do eyefinity effectively.

I thought I had alot of games and wouldn't have a problem filling requests, but damn... I haven't had a single game that's been asked for :(

sonofander, just run all your games and posts them..,

They are all amazing... and man, this is driving me crazy... I so want to get one.

Oh yeah, can you send me the link of the Dell adaptor you are talking about?

Exactly what model Dell 24s do you have there? All are DVI only and the active adapter isn't causing any display lag on the monitor attached that way?

Edit: 30 in the closet?! Oh the humanity! :eek:

Crysis and FC2 ?

I get about 40fps on Crysis @ 5760x1200 all settings medium
don't have FC2 installed but I'll get to that

Exactly what model Dell 24s do you have there? All are DVI only and the active adapter isn't causing any display lag on the monitor attached that way?

Edit: 30 in the closet?! Oh the humanity! :eek:

I was running 2 2407s with a "loner" Hundai from Frys over the weekend with the Dell adaptor. No input lag that I noticed (and I checked!)
UPS brought me my 2408 this morning, so no more adaptor for me.

30" in the closet... I just can't bring myself to sell it. Can't do it... Guess I could hook it up to my server, but that seems a little silly

sonofander, just run all your games and posts them..,

They are all amazing... and man, this is driving me crazy... I so want to get one.

Oh yeah, can you send me the link of the Dell adaptor you are talking about?

other games I've been playing:

batman ~ 60fps 5760x1200 all settings maxed
tf2 ~ lol
Stalker SOC ~ 30-35fps 5760x1200 on medium

The more I see of eyefinity, the more tempted I get to invest in it. This will not be good if I keep browsing these threads.

I have to say this thing is a must for racing games. The bezels in this case make it look realistic because of the real frames around the car's windows. Very cool :)

Back