Trillium Wants to Protect Your Car from Cyber Attacks

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
Trillium, an automotive cybersecurity firm, wants to become THE security solution for high-tech automobiles. They believe the dangers of a hacked car are immense and aim to do something about it. They are developing hardware/OS/cypher agnostic systems that will act as a firewall/IDS and automatically keep itself updated. In the future we might see this in all cars and I believe this technology needs to be developed and deployed quickly before someone hacks a fleet of vehicles and causes untold damage. Good luck, Trillium.

Of course, car manufacturers and in-car systems makers are already working on security measures, but Trillium plans to improve on those capabilities — while also working as a turnkey solution that can easily be adapted to nearly any model. Currently the company is working on its final product with OEM, insurance, and Tier 1 supplier partners in Japan.

They may want to think about their name as there is a big pharma Trillium already.

and automatically keep itself updated.

Right. because auto updates has worked so well for all other software products. I'd rather not be part of that "small number of users" that gets ABSOLUTELY screwed when it removes functionality, fails mid-update, and can't rollback.

Or you know, how about we don't use cars that are fucking drive-by-wire, then there won't be a problem. If you don't have electric steering, electric brakes, and electric throttle, kinds makes it hard to hack and commandeer a car. I really can't stand drive-by-wire vehicles. You can't feel what the front wheels are doing through the steering, you can't feel the brakes or properly modulate them with your foot, and throttle response is wacky when the gas peddle isn't physically opening a throttle body through the throttle linkage. Today's cars have way too many gawd damn computer systems integrated.

Back