Tried to Play Rift and Got Banned Instantly

Viper16

[H]ard|Gawd
I guess there is some huge banning going on that I was not aware of in the free to play game of RIFT.

So I get the game installed...all 18gb, load it up, get my character created and almost the same time I hit the button to go play the game, I get a nice little message stating I was banned and then my login/pw no longer worked. I sent an email to there appeals, so we shall see how long this takes to get back...kinda lame if you ask me.

Something tells me we're not getting the whole story.

I'd bet its for the name also. If you aren't taking the time to get a real name you probably are either a gold spammer or just a troll. So they trolled you by wasting your time instead of by not allowing you to name your character that name.

I think he's a gold spammer too

golden-shirt-4.jpg

No, my username was going to be Marblei...I use it in all my games, D3, WoW, etc..

I had no 3rd party addons or mods installed, as I just said, I had just installed and was wanting to try the game out. I went through their Glyph client, and as soon as I hit the, i believe, create character button after I typed my name, it said I was banned, it logged me out of the game and blacklisted my login/pw so I couldn't get into the forums to troubleshoot/request appeal that way.

I partied with that guy yesterday! Great player! Horrible speller.

He's a pretty good person. I hung out at his place when he lived in Llanfairpwllgwyngyll.

Or was it Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu. I can't remember if it was the UK or New Zealand.

No, my username was going to be Marblei...I use it in all my games, D3, WoW, etc..

I had no 3rd party addons or mods installed, as I just said, I had just installed and was wanting to try the game out. I went through their Glyph client, and as soon as I hit the, i believe, create character button after I typed my name, it said I was banned, it logged me out of the game and blacklisted my login/pw so I couldn't get into the forums to troubleshoot/request appeal that way.

Where are you located? Some countries are automatically banned because of the amount of gold spam from them in some games. Check your email also for an explanation.

I partied with that guy yesterday! Great player! Horrible speller.

I too partied with him, over video Skype. We went down to our underwear but no further (agreed to "keep it christian").

He did show me his ankle dolphin tat and mentioned he takes in a guaranteed three musicals a month.

I too partied with him, over video Skype. We went down to our underwear but no further (agreed to "keep it christian").

He did show me his ankle dolphin tat and mentioned he takes in a guaranteed three musicals a month.

You're lucking you didn't get to "Catholic"!

Where are you located? Some countries are automatically banned because of the amount of gold spam from them in some games. Check your email also for an explanation.

I am North America, USA. I following the Glyph install, said yea to the T&C's, loaded the game, got to the character creation, and was at the last screen that says insert name of your character, "Marblei", submit, and then I get the banned screen, kicked out of the software and then an email shows up:

You're lucking you didn't get to "Catholic"!

Getting to atheist would be even worse... Skype sex, then late night hookups at the oxygen bar, pillow talk about cats and how they are the superior companion, long waits for the EV to charge on the neighbor's power, then topped off with a taxpayer funded abortion! ;)

Getting to atheist would be even worse... Skype sex, then late night hookups at the oxygen bar, pillow talk about cats and how they are the superior companion, long waits for the EV to charge on the neighbor's power, then topped off with a taxpayer funded abortion! ;)

touché!.......

Wow, reading this thread I don't think half of the people even realized the person who first posted the name, "hjuyewrncmjsdhr," wasn't even the OP....

Hope you get it sorted out OP.

Wow, reading this thread I don't think half of the people even realized the person who first posted the name, "hjuyewrncmjsdhr," wasn't even the OP....

Hope you get it sorted out OP.

Realized but it didn't matter. Getting wrongfully banned is a catch 22 that there's no point even complaining about, because of all the people rightfully banned that play dumb and complain the exact same way. On Battlefield 4's forums for example, some kid always comes along saying he was "banned for no reason" and within about 5 posts the detectives have already posted screenshots of his aimbot/wallhack, then the OP will usually get more mouthy and try to argue it or just tucks tail and never posts again. Its like clockwork.

Its the same with other games. So the ratio of rightfully banned asshats to wrongfully banned means the latter will never get any sympathy when trying to make their case, and thus just have to move on.

i had the exact same thing happened to me when i tried... maplestory? 6+ years ago.i just laughed it off and uninstalled. rift is pretty decent though. if you had zero charachters may aswell just make a new acct.

Realized but it didn't matter. Getting wrongfully banned is a catch 22 that there's no point even complaining about, because of all the people rightfully banned that play dumb and complain the exact same way. On Battlefield 4's forums for example, some kid always comes along saying he was "banned for no reason" and within about 5 posts the detectives have already posted screenshots of his aimbot/wallhack, then the OP will usually get more mouthy and try to argue it or just tucks tail and never posts again. Its like clockwork.

Its the same with other games. So the ratio of rightfully banned asshats to wrongfully banned means the latter will never get any sympathy when trying to make their case, and thus just have to move on.

I get it, I realize I also messed up when I didn't follow it with a question, and made a statement. I was really putting out some feelers to see if anyone else had the same issue. I wish some detectives would get into this for me, as it appears I am on day 4 of not hearing back from them on what I did wrong. I just wanted to play last weekend and was looking forward to something other than the D3 grind, and was a bit taken back when I realized I got banned and blacklisted and really did not know why I had. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the sympathy guys! :D

You realize that email says nothing about Rift. Can you login to any other Trion game? Is it an account wide ban?

Did you call the number that I posted? It goes straight to Trion support I believe. At least that's what the automated thing said when I dialed it.

You misbehave in one of the other games they make? Or have you considered checking what processes you have running? Could have been something triggered an anti cheat or anti keylogger alarm.

Honestly I think they did you a favor by banning you. I mean it's Rift... good god man why? ;)

You realize that email says nothing about Rift. Can you login to any other Trion game? Is it an account wide ban?

Well I assume it was for Rift, I have never played another Trion game in my life. I assume it is account wide ban, as my email login and pw are stating my ban. and the picture listed above is the only email I got from Trion stating the reasoning for my ban.

I have an old school G15 keyboard with the programmable buttons on the left, but have never hooked it up, I think the drivers are running for it. I may have an anti-virus program running, but other than that, it is a semi fresh format of about 6 months old. Win 7 64bit.

Cageymaru, I will give them a call, from what I read in the forums I could see (not able to login), I understood that the support line was for paying customers only, but could be mistaken. I will give them a few more days to respond by email, may phone them when I get a chance to do so, but may just uninstall.

Drax, this may be a blessing in disguise.

Back