Tribes server back up. Old school

CyberSlave

[H]ard|Gawd
My clan VorpalRabbits has decided to put our old Tribes server back up.
Just something to kil time while waiting to T:V.

It is a dedicated server running Havoc 1.6 (Tribes 1.11 patch)
You are on your own for getting maps since we unfortunatly no longer have d'load section on our website.

For those that remember we use the tag -:VR:-
If you have this game still, stop in and get your game on

is that server as mean as the SKBs? i got banned for a day just because i called one of the SKB an asshole because he wouldnt stop taunting. :rolleyes:

I'm interested in this...

It's been FOREVER since I've played Tribes though, and I don't think I played Havoc very much, I was a base or renegades man.
Pretty good back in the day, but probably SUCK now...

Don't the maps auto-download?

No, thats Tribes 2. Some maps are server side though, and the client doesnt need to have them.

t2 does not auto dl. there is a link at the loading portion of the map though. too bad you UE when u click it. haha i still love t2 though.

its a blast.
I remember why I loved that game.

But unfortunaly we had to take the server down for a bit, shoud be back tonight. Doing some tweaking to get tings back in order.
Grapple and FF were not working.

psshhh Havoc....I like shifter_v1G myself. I used to be in KHz(Killahertz) and then =H|C=. Lately I have been interested in playing tribes again so I'll stop by.

Where can I find the Tribes 1.11 patch? I just might install it again for old times sake.

we don't have a map pack, but the main things to get are DOX, OpenCall, the map fixes.

anything you can find would be usefull to, there are so many maps saved we have no idea just how many there are on there.

back and running from a fresh install.

Still have a few bugs we can't hammer yet, but they will be killed.

No FFs, Grapple hook, Springboard.

Nothing major

no clue.

There are a few ppl going to the Tribal-War LAN events, with any luck T:V will be previewed there. Possable beta info as well.

But that is just hoping.
Its not even in an open beta yet, so it prob. won't be until Christmas (my guess)

Tribes: Vengeance

I love tribes I wish more people would play it. I used to be in a clan called Pyros Flame, we had a lot of fun together but only played in a couple matches. I remember the first day I got cable modem, everyone else in the server was on dialup and I could kill them with the railgun before they even knew they had spawned. They kept crying "Give us a chance we can't even come back to life"
Gosh those first couple months before anyone else got cable modem were a freakin blast.

Back