Tri-X R9 290X 4GB GDDR5 OC(UEFI), New Edition W/Dirt Ralley $279.00 After $20 MIR

You mean MIR?

What's MIB (other than Men In Black)?

Why Sir, I have no idea what you speaketh of.

BTW.. Amazon shows an XFX 290X 8GB for $379, but of course it's out of stock.

I am considering upgrading and this looks like a pretty good deal. Anyone know of any reasons why they wouldn't recommend this card?

I am considering upgrading and this looks like a pretty good deal. Anyone know of any reasons why they wouldn't recommend this card?

The reviews I read said nice things about it. You may want to measure your case first, it's very long.

Temperature and power consumption seem to be the only cons I see reviews mentioning...

Can you wait till the 16th to see the 3xx prices and see if these drop more... Would be the smart thing to do

Temperature and power consumption seem to be the only cons I see reviews mentioning...
Not compared to other 290x's. This is a top tier 290x, if that is what you are looking for, and runs very quiet.

Even though this is OC'ed, it is able to keep the 290x cooled at 46% fan speed what takes other premium cards like the XFX nearly 80% fan speed to accomplish:
https://youtu.be/ny2xtrT4AiU?t=7m24s

The downside is just that it is a pretty long heatsink, so make sure it fits your case. If it does, as always, bigger is better.

PS: I bought one to compliment my 295x2 after much research, and it should be here Saturday.

You know, I just have to comment here as well. I hate MIB as well, Men in Black, at least I think I do. There was this silver pen thingy and this giant intense flash and after that, I just can't really remember much.

Back