Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Like it - Needs Improvement

Votes: 53 82.8%
  • Dislike it

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other - Post in thread

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
love it...most realistic hair rendering in any game ever...yes it still has some bugs that need to be worked out but this is a great start and will only get better with future versions...this is more about moving graphics technology forward

Love it! There is much room for improvement but finally someone takes a shot at a problem that has plagued videogames, like, forever. And in many ways they even succeeded. But as I said, it needs improvements.

wish there was a way to have it turned off for cinematics since it goes from fast in game to like 15fps in cinematics

wish there was a way to have it turned off for cinematics since it goes from fast in game to like 15fps in cinematics

True. I wonder what causes it. But I dont think its the cinematics themselves, its how close the camera is. Closer it gets the heavier TressFX gets. Why, whats causing this? :confused:

Neither... It looks kind of unnatural, but isn't terrible and it's probably good crystal Dynamics tried something.

But the current implementation seems like it wouldn't really be practical in scenes with 2-3 people or more (28% frames on either companies cards just for one...) so it's hard to call this a big step anywhere as it is. :D

Not realistic enough, too taxing on hardware and a bit glitchy. TressFX is a good idea, but it's just not good enough yet.

I like it.

Can it be improved? Yes for sure! But I do think, as a first entry into gaming, it was ready. I'd like to see tress fx be further developed as better performing hardware is brought to market, and adapted to various scenarios.

It's refreshing to see a technology which can push the need for better hardware performance, we've stagnated long enough....

I like the idea of it, but it makes hair look stringy and too thin. Even with decent performance (55 fps) I still have it turned off.
That said, if it was improved, it would rock.

No mention of the horrible shadows it causes? Hmm.

I think it looks good, could use some improvement (could be a bit more realistic and more efficiently implemented) but I like it.

It is okay/decent. But honestly needs to be improved. You can see a difference but they really need to iron all the glitches out with it. But we all need to start somewhere right.

anyone who thinks the hair looks better with TressFX disabled needs to turn in their gaming card and find another hobby

I like it but maybe I'm just extatic that they're finally coming out with stuff that actually pushes our beloved rigs for the first time since tessellation....which wasn't that big of a leap.

Looks awesome but as many others stated, needs work. Too glitchy and distracting in it's current state. As it stands, it looks like Lara's hair is perpetually trying to detach itself from her scalp.

It could use improved specular highlights and shadows, but it looks pretty decent compared to what we're used to. I'm interested to see what this could do for fur, but with the huge performance hit just from hair...

I love it... Maybe some In game graphics options for level or amount of tressfx would be beneficial however.

The technology is awesome and it looks great, however gaming with 20fps using a 680 is a deal breaker. Also why does the hair float 6 inches above her shoulders? Needs some of the kinks worked out but I love the capabilities.

I like the way they make it. I'm happy that they're starting to implement this technology in a game. I haven't seen another game that actually renders hair in a game. Kudos to ATI for pushing this. It just needs more polish.

'Other'

To me it's just 'meh'... in other words if it causes too much of an FPS hit I'm liable to disable it. Although I like eye candy I'm not about to stop what I'm doing to look at how hair is rendered....

I like it, but it causes a lot of performance issues on my rig so I had to disable it. A closer view of her hair causes my machine to go down to 5 FPS which is unplayable and annoying, but other than that it looks great.

I love it, but it needs better lighting affects, I get about 100 fps with it on.

I like it, I just think to much emphasis is being put onto it. I am all about leaping forward with tech in games but there are people who are having trouble with it and not enjoying the game as a result. That's just sad.

It's a step in the right direction. It'll be great once they figure out how to implement the effects without the substantial performance price.

I just enabled it on a 660ti and it ran fine at 1920x1080. Don't know what everyone is bitching about. I wasn't expecting tone blown away, but damn: I was.

The technology is awesome and it looks great, however gaming with 20fps using a 680 is a deal breaker. Also why does the hair float 6 inches above her shoulders? Needs some of the kinks worked out but I love the capabilities.

Have you patched your game and drivers? The floating hair thing is fixed and latest beta drivers skyrocket the GTX 600 serie TressFX performance.

Still looks like a bunch of blinky mesh color in 5760x1080. The framerate is fixed on the Titan but for some reason it is just all epileptic colorwise.

Back