Trepang 2 Inspired by F.E.A.R

That looks similar enough I'm wondering if some of the developers from FEAR came in on that or if some people's lawyers got a phone call. I may have to try this.

I have it downloaded going to play it morrow on my Vacation. Good use of shadows and suspense.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I liked FEAR and it's not like much else is coming out this year. I'll give it a shot. Then again, hopefully this actually comes out this year, too. Right now it seems like they're just planning on launching another demo in a few weeks.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Maybe the action is FEAR inspired but it doesn't seem to have a story or the horror elements.

Maybe the action is FEAR inspired but it doesn't seem to have a story or the horror elements.

That all came together so perfectly when the first FEAR came out. There wasn't anything else like it at the time (well, Doom 3, but that didn't quite get the horror element down quite as well). I'd play it at night either with my AKG headphones, or my studio monitors cranked up. It got me to jump on more than one occasion. :D

Thanks for posting this as I had no idea about it and I've played the "good" versions of F.E.A.R. so many times......

Tried demo out and liked what I saw, though the two weapon limit, lack of any weapon zoom, and checkpoint save system don't quite line up with what I remember F.E.A.R. having......hopefully they fix those issues before the final release. Also kinda strange how I don't see any way to change resolution in the demo either. :confused:

I played this demo a short while back and am honestly not that impressed with it. FEAR did it better almost 20 years ago imo.
I would consider playing this though if they added leaning, because without it these types of shooters just seem generic and unfun to me.

Thanks for posting this as I had no idea about it and I've played the "good" versions of F.E.A.R. so many times......

Tried demo out and liked what I saw, though the two weapon limit, lack of any weapon zoom, and checkpoint save system don't quite line up with what I remember F.E.A.R. having......hopefully they fix those issues before the final release. Also kinda strange how I don't see any way to change resolution in the demo either. :confused:

The funny this is most recent single player games don't even have as good of AI as F.E.A.R. I dont get why we are going backwards.

The price is rumored to be 35.00 out in just 3 weeks Demo is still out there but didn't want to spoil it totally.

This looks potentially fun. Will wait a day or three to see reviews

I tried the Demo again with a controller not really feeling this game Slo Motion is good but the graphics and controls kinda suck I don't think I'll pick it up had more fun with Ready or Not.

Early reviews seem positive. If this is a worthy successor to F.E.A.R., I think it's priced very attractively.

wish they just kept to the paranormal

everyone knows the monster episodes of the x-files were inferior to paranormal and alien ones after all

Played it for about an hour last night. I had low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Graphics (4K Ultra) and gameplay are decent. However, some of the physics can be kinda wonky like when you run into a dead body it makes a weird thud and kinda bounces around.

I'm going to try and play some more tonight but so far I'm enjoying it. For an indie title, it's pretty entertaining.

I changed it but still was too fluid the Devs said to mess with Steams controller input.

I've managed to squeeze in some game time over the past few days and have progressed to a couple new missions. I'm still enjoying it but thought with all the F.E.A.R. comparisons that there was a supernatural element to it like an Alma antagonist or something similar. I've yet to encounter such but will keep playing and see what develops.

PATCH 1 Out Now
Oh jeez oh gosh oh goodness its trepangin' time.
-----------------------------------------
Bug Fixes For Patch 1

This patch includes a smorgasbord of fixes, including but not limited to:
  • CONTROLLER
  • Significantly improved controller support, aim assist, melee lockon
  • New controller settings for deadzone, aim acceleration curve
  • Analogue controller directional movement (was locked to WASD axis before)
  • Fixed controller not being able to interact with mission menu after completing campaign

I read a post on Steam that Controller support will be improved or added in the next patch everyone on the thread was irked untill a Dev posting something about it being in the next patch which was Sept. 18th Going to give this game another shot or bang basically liked what I saw but refunded it because controller support was bad at launch which is way back in June. The game is 25% percent off for a few days too...

I played this through just after it was released, and I thought it was really good; the best FPS I've played in a long time. I can see why it's compared with F.E.A.R. but it's not really the same sort of game. F.E.A.R. was a horror game first, and an FPS second, emphasizing the atmosphere and story. Trepang2 is an FPS first, with an emphasis on action. The horror elements and story are only there to provide an interesting backdrop.

They implemented the action part really well though! Movement feels fluid, and the weapons all feel perfect. The grenade launcher in particular is so very satisfying. I kinda wish it had multiplayer though. Although it's been many years since I've had much interest in multiplayer, Trepang2 made me want to start killing real people again. Wait... that came out wrong... you know what I mean though.

On sale for $22.49 until 10/4. Looks like a pretty damn good time at that price. A snappy campaign driven fps might be a nice change of pace.

Kinda wish horror elements were more of a factor based on what I’m reading. I mean, I was young at the time but there were moments in FEAR that scared the living shit out of me.

20230927013054_1.jpg

The game is night and day using a controller I had to turn the sensitivity down. It give me FEAR vibes using a pair of VZR model 1s and my Valari Pillow.

20231102031629_1.jpg

Original Save didn't work so I had to start over played the 1st area last night could of been from my motherboard switch. Got to the Safehouse or whatever you can get cosmetic upgrades and stuff. Halloween mode they have a food and Pumpkin thing going on didn't try it looks kooky.

Back