Tremeloes Silent Cube V350

Tremeloes

Limp Gawd
it´s my first cube and i have to say i´m more than happy with it. I tried to go both ways - silent and enough power for gaming.
the case:
lian2.jpg

it´s my first Lian Li case and i´m impressed of the quality.

the sys:
Sys8.jpg

enough power to play games in 1440x900

changes i made:
the original fans
lian11.jpg

using two Scythe S-Flex 1200 now with Nanoxia schock absorbers (650 rpm idle/load)
removed the fan grid to avoid air noises
lian13.jpg

changed the Psu fan. Enermax Liberty with Noctua Fan (really silent/800-900 rpm):
LibertyMod.jpg

Cpu Cooler - Ninja Mini with Nanoxia FX08 (at minimum - about 1400 rpm), with Nanoxia shock absorbers, too
silent06.jpg

had to make a little cut so that the eax1950pro fits
lian16.jpg

still working on laying the cables better - have to cut a little hole into the optical drive socket:
silent01.jpg

silent03.jpg

silent02.jpg

still to do:
mount a new NB cooler so that the Cpu can run in passive mode without fan.

From a 2m distance i can´t hear it work. Sitting beside of it the only thing i hear is the airflow from the Psu and the HD. The original schock absorbers from lian li for the hd are good but not good enough.

Tremeloes

looks great. I plan to ditch this QPack and the 350 was on my shortlist.

I don t think I am going to get one but yours does exude class and sophistication... well done.

i wonder if the new 8800GTS would fit in that case? and BTW thats one smokin mini system clean wiring and all, good job.

i wonder if the new 8800GTS would fit in that case? and BTW thats one smokin mini system clean wiring and all, good job.

lian8.jpg

the max lenght for the 8800 would be 27-27,5 cm
MB tray to HD case is 13 cm (with the MB mounted about 12,5 cm)

Image_0382.jpg

if you want to use the sliding MB tray the max hight for the 8800 would be about 10,5 cm.

It's_so_beautiful.. :eek:

Post this over at SilentPCReview if you haven't already.

It's_so_beautiful..

Post this over at SilentPCReview if you haven't already.
thanks. i´m not a member of SilentPCReview. Hardforum is the only english speaking forum i´m visiting.

Very professional looking pictures.
hope so. that´s my job.;)

i´m so excited .... wednesday my watercooling for the v350 will arrive. Hope everything will work. Was very hard to find a 240 Radi for this case. For now i´m cooling the Cpu and NB - later when i buy a new video card this will be cooled by water, too. So i hope thursday ther will be an update here... If not i´m trying to get my pc dry.;)

edit:
hmmm, looks like the parts won´t arrive today :(.... hope tomorrow.

Can´t believe it!!! The parts of my W/C arrived today. Hope i can mount it tomorrow. :)

edit

first pics:
_MG_8879.jpg

_MG_8880.jpg

_MG_8881.jpg

_MG_8883.jpg

It's looking great - love the placement of the radiator. Will heat be an issue with this placement, or will the exhaust fan be able to remove it, do you think?

I´ll post the temps later but I think it wont be a problem. Maybe tomorrow I´ll have the first results.

edit

this ist what it looks like at the moment. Pump is still missing...

Image_0544.jpg

Image_0541.jpg

Image_0537.jpg

Image_0533.jpg

I got the first temps of my new watercooling. looks promising:

IDLE
LOAD

now I´m trying to run the rig without fans at the radi.

That's quite impressive! Where did you put the pump? I must say your setup seems tempting...

This pc looks great, how you make the backround like that? And what camera you using? Man you make me wanna buy the case, and what water blocks are those?

This pc looks great, how you make the backround like that? And what camera you using? Man you make me wanna buy the case, and what water blocks are those?

Thanks. what do you mean with backround? It´s just black...;) I´m using a Eos20D. The Cpu block is the Alphacool NexXxoS XP Bold and NB is XSPC Delta Chipset.

Lol thanks, and by backround, do you just black everything out, or is there a room in your house where one corner or wall is black, cus they look hella professional.

Holy jesus! Lol so you are a professional! Nice so you gotta take pics of cars that havent came out!? Thats sick too. Or some models. Lol. Also is that a bmw 1 series? Hopefully the 135i.

most time cars and a few local musicians. No that´s from the 3 series the convertible...

Nice, dang i didnt know they were making a hard top convertible! Nice. Also great case!( just to stay on topic lol):D

It´s called "MagiCool SLIM DUAL 240 Radiator".

Edit
ok, call me crazy but i just ordered a new pump for my rig (an Aquastream XT). After 2 days i came to the decision that the optical drive bay pump isn´t silent enough. I still can hear it under my desk.;) I hope this will change with the new pump...

new Hardware:

Aquastream XT

aqua1.jpg

aqua2.jpg

ag.jpg

edit:

first the pump didn´t get water. I had to turn the cas a little bit...:D
IMG_8879.jpg

Pump in his final position.
ASXT.jpg

and ther is still enough place to mount the 80mm fan.

Ok, it´s done. All shock absorbers are mounted. The case is standing under my desk and I can´t her anything but a verry, verry, verry quiet airflow that´s coming from the psu. :) last thing to do is to integrate the video card into the circuit.

Extremely nice finish, what type of GPU waterblock are you going to use? Thank you for sharing your work, you've convinced me of my next case.

don´t know by now. it depends on the video card i will use. i think it´s going to be an ati 3850 or 3870. those ek water blocks are looking nice...

Temperatures after 30/60 minutes Orthos + Ati Tool with silent settings:

30 minutes:

60 minutes:

i changed the setup a bit. first i had fans->radi, now i have radi->fans. the fans are now sucking the air through the radi. now i have a better airflow for the mb. mb temps changed from about 40° to 35°.

some new pics of my cube

This looks awesome! Good job with everything. Is it super quiet? Might have to put my soon to be m atx sli pc in one.

Tremeloes, you influenced me to change some parts of my W/C setup :)...

I now use the same radiator and tubing as you do, ie MagiCool SLIM DUAL 240 Radiator and Tygon R4300... but with a few different parts...

Blocks:
CPU - EK Water Blocks EK-Supreme Acetal universal
NB - Swiftech MCW30 Northbridge universal
GFX - EK Water Blocks EK-FC8800 GT/GTS (G92) SLI ready - Acetal

Ordered them from aquatuning aswell :p

I'm getting a new P5E-VM HDMI board this week and after the swoop I'll take some pics and post them here..

Tremeloes, you influenced me to change some parts of my W/C setup :)...

I now use the same radiator and tubing as you do, ie MagiCool SLIM DUAL 240 Radiator and Tygon R4300... but with a few different parts...

Blocks:
CPU - EK Water Blocks EK-Supreme Acetal universal
NB - Swiftech MCW30 Northbridge universal
GFX - EK Water Blocks EK-FC8800 GT/GTS (G92) SLI ready - Acetal

Ordered them from aquatuning aswell :p

I'm getting a new P5E-VM HDMI board this week and after the swoop I'll take some pics and post them here..

i´m glad i could inspire you. ;)
the EK-Supreme or the cuplex XT di will be my next Cpu cooler when i change the 4300 for a Quad. My next Video Card will also get a EK Water Block. Hope i can order the new parts in one or two month.

isn´t it too expensive for you to order parts from Aquatunig? (shipping,pay customs)

Would be nice to see some pics from your case here. With your setup i know four different types of watercooling setups for the v300/350 till now. it´s amazing what people are doing with this small case (you´ll find them here if you are interested in).

edit:
can´t believe you are a noobie.:p

@lillimon04
Thanks. yes it´s really quiet.if you want to change for mAtx you have to look for the LianLi v350. best case i ever had...:D

Thanks man, use to be m atx but, went to atx because cases for m atx were expensive, the ones i liked, but once that dfi board comes out i will go m atx quick!

yes, it´s not really a bargain. bought my case for 115 € a few month ago. but now it costs about 89 € in germany. don´t know if i will by another one for my htpc or the lian li pc-a01.

Back