Tree of Savior

Installing now, didn't know this was going to be F2P. Does that mean P2W?

EDIT: You have to get a pre-paid package for "Founders Server Access" starting Tuesday, Mar 29. Otherwise, the game opens for everyone else Thursday, April 28. The packs include in game money, etc etc. range from $9.99 to $49.99. Been waiting for this game a for a bit so I might bite the $9.99 just for access.

Last edited:
Anyone going to ante up to get EA founders access tomorrow? I figured I would get a $9.99 pack so I can get in and get a couple character names. If anyone wants to group up lets do it, I'm going cleric for phat healz.

Logged in this morning to an 800 queue. waiting now.

There are 2 servers - Klaipeda or Orsha.

I chose Klaipeda server and started in Orsha town. Cleric, name is Delita if anyone wants to play. Game looks great btw I love the graphics.

Free to play? I started the game and get to the server choice screen and F2P has a lock on it. Clicking on the 2 server names didn't work. What am I doing wrong? Pre register at some site?

Cutsey, generic MMORPG # 4,678. That's all I got from the video.

It really is the successor to Ragnarok Online 1. Which was pretty popular.

Otherweeb... if you read the description, you need to pay founder's fee to play a month before release. It's f2p when it releases.

I was interested until I found out you have to PAY to trade...do more than 1 dungeon a day...and apparently those who pay also get a faster walking speed?

There's no way they will be able to keep a player base with a system like this..

P2W much?

$9 per 100 TP

30 Day Token (198 TP):

• Learn 2 skill attributes at once (vs 1)
  • 10% market tax (vs 30%)
  • Player to player trading available
  • Able to list 5 items on market at once (vs 1)
  • Increased character movement speed (+3)
  • 30% increased experience
  • Two instance entries per day (vs 1)
  • Premium gestures available
Hairstyles (15~298 TP)
Costumes (129 TP)
Megaphone (1TP, 10 for 5TP): /yell chat
Soul Crystal (2TP, 10 for 18TP): self ressurect
Warp Scroll (1TP, 10 for 5TP): warp to a known location
Skill Reset (88TP): does not allow you to change class choices
EXP Tome (9TP): 30% increased experience for an hour, stacks with Token
Enchant Scroll (8TP): grants 3 random stats to a headgear, also drops in-game

I was interested until I found out you have to PAY to trade...do more than 1 dungeon a day...and apparently those who pay also get a faster walking speed?

There's no way they will be able to keep a player base with a system like this..

P2W much?

$9 per 100 TP

30 Day Token (198 TP):

• Learn 2 skill attributes at once (vs 1)
  • 10% market tax (vs 30%)
  • Player to player trading available
  • Able to list 5 items on market at once (vs 1)
  • Increased character movement speed (+3)
  • 30% increased experience
  • Two instance entries per day (vs 1)
  • Premium gestures available
Hairstyles (15~298 TP)
Costumes (129 TP)
Megaphone (1TP, 10 for 5TP): /yell chat
Soul Crystal (2TP, 10 for 18TP): self ressurect
Warp Scroll (1TP, 10 for 5TP): warp to a known location
Skill Reset (88TP): does not allow you to change class choices
EXP Tome (9TP): 30% increased experience for an hour, stacks with Token
Enchant Scroll (8TP): grants 3 random stats to a headgear, also drops in-game

This sounds disappointing. Was hoping TP was only there for costumes / hairstyles. But thats a blatant P2W model... Learn 2 skills instead of 1? wtf?

Holy shit that looks like shopping list.

This sounds disappointing. Was hoping TP was only there for costumes / hairstyles. But thats a blatant P2W model... Learn 2 skills instead of 1? wtf?

Yea, it's a pretty blatant cash grab.

I don't mind spending money on a game and I wouldn't even mind spending money for "exp boosts" or w/e but with these insane requirements, I couldn't see them holding a strong player base for long.

Cash grab?! Welcome to Korean MMO's 101.

I enjoyed about 40 hours of this game over the last week only purchasing the $9.99 package (you have to purchase a founders pack to play before 4/28 -- after 4/28 it's free) but the game lacks pretty much all substance. I also bought BDO around the same time and while they are similar in the fact that they are both Korean I have to say I am having way more fun in BDO with all of it's game systems (node management, crafting, gathering, fishing, exploring) and the combat is pretty excellent. ToS is a callback to Ragnarok Online but it just doesn't really hold up that well for a 2016 release. Not to mention the game isn't even half finished, there are apparently 600 levels and the game currently goes up to 280 with no one knowing when the next content release will be. If you just like straight grinding mobs pointlessly then go for it, the class system in this game is pretty cool -- but again, there's a caveat here just like everywhere else. No free respecs, they cost token points which costs real life cash. Not to mention you can only respec within the classes you have picked, once you pick your classes you can't change them. So if you make a mistake and realize your class combination isn't as powerful as you would have liked, you get to deal with it or literally start over.

Been playing since first closed beta. Didnt play any kTOS tho. I've been enjoying it a lot. Then again I'm going into this game with 10 years of RO under my belt so it may be a huge part nostalgia.

Back