Traveling with a watercooled system

Shadowspawn

[H]ard|Gawd
Does anybody have any experience with this? I have traveled with my system before (SG-01e) and with its custom bag I don't have any problem taking it onboard as a carry-on. I just purchased all of the water cooling components for it but before I put them in I thought I'd ask if anybody has tried to move their watercooled system by plane with the liquid limitations. I am thinking that I will need to drain the system prior to transporting it.

I would have fedex ship it. Nowadays, airlines are a bitch when it comes to electronics and liquids hehe.

Drain it.

1. They won't let you on the plane with liquids, especially ones that are neon color and tubed inside a box with wires running through it.

2. A simple jarring of the computer can pull one of your tubing enough for it to leak. For the safety of your devices just drain and refill when you get to your destination.

I would have fedex ship it. Nowadays, airlines are a bitch when it comes to electronics and liquids hehe.

Fedex isn't really an option because shipping from here to home would be way to expensive (I'm in Iraq, coming home for Quakecon and family time). Additionally I don't trust any shipping company with my modded system. I carried it with me on the trip over here and didn't have any problems but it was aircooled at the time.

I don't know why I didn't think about the jarring.

The air pressure could be an issue as well.

I guess I need to order more fluid and have it ready at home so I can refill. I hope they don't freak over the residue.

Back