Trasferring a vista install to a new hard drive?

Archer75

Supreme [H]ardness
I have 2 hard drives in my computer, Vista currently resides on a 150gb drive. How can I go about copying the entire vista install over to the new 750gb hard drive without having to reinstall vista, apps, settings and data?

I used the trial version of Aconis Migrate Easy, just have both drives in your machine, follow a very simple wizard, set the new drive as your boot drive in bios or remove old one. Couldn't be easier and it's free.

Use Norton Ghost or Acronis TrueImage to image the whole install then use that to transfer over to your new hard drive.

+1

I've been using a bootable Ghost cd for years to make backup images and do disk-to-disk cloning. Haven't had an issue yet.

I just did this very same thing yesterday morning, using my UBCD4WIN and Ghost. It worked perfectly.

If you have a seagate drive, download the copy utility off of their website. It's Acronis TrueImage with a different name, literally.

If you have a seagate drive, download the copy utility off of their website. It's Acronis TrueImage with a different name, literally.

Same for Maxtor - Maxblast.

Seagate's is DiscWizard.

I've used Discwizard a half-dozen times in the last couple months and it's worked perfectly. Yeah, I'm having problems with my build...:rolleyes:

Back