Transporting a 2005FPW to the LAN

I sent an e-mail to Wankel, here is his response.

Thanks...but I've stopped making them. It was consuming too much of my time. I'm sure another company will be offering some nice cases for sale soon, since the large widescreens are getting more popular. If for some crazy reason I start making some again I'll let you know.

:(

Has anyone posted some pics and info in that Dell suggestion forum?

Maybe Dell would make one.

Thread resurrection time.

It has been 5 years since I bought my case, I've used it for over 50+ lan parties and aside from a few scuffs it still works and looks as good as the day i bought it.

Thread resurrection time.

It has been 5 years since I bought my case, I've used it for over 50+ lan parties and aside from a few scuffs it still works and looks as good as the day i bought it.

I haven't used mine nearly as much, but it's still holding up great as well. Also, I've since sold my 2405FPW, but the case also fits my ZR24w perfectly :)

P.S. Nice thread resurrection; you must be a level 20 necromancer! ;)

Another satisfied customer here. Up over 50+ lans with my case as well. That think is a tank. Cross Country, no problem, just keeps working. I have contemplated cutting it up and making it 23 inch friendly for a 2311H as a replacement or a 22 if that doesn't work.

I've actually thought about de-engineering the thing to make some modifications and possibly make some new ones. I'm hoping to get wankel back in here but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Another satisfied customer here. Up over 50+ lans with my case as well. That think is a tank. Cross Country, no problem, just keeps working. I have contemplated cutting it up and making it 23 inch friendly for a 2311H as a replacement or a 22 if that doesn't work.

Maybe use an L shaped strip of foam as an insert to hold a slightly smaller monitor in place? That's what I'd try anyways.

Wow. Forgot I had email subs turned on for this. Still have mine too. Seen less use now bc I LAN with a laptop but it's held up well the last 5 years

Probably used mine a good 25 times over the last 5 years. :) Still very happy with my purchase.

Had always wondered if wankel managed to get these manufactured by someone as they were the best protectors I had seen. I haven't used mine in awhile due to friends who stopped lanning a few years back. Was always kind of tempted to try to make one just to see if I could find the stuff to do it and have it look, fit, and function as well as his.

I just had a friend ask me if these cases were still being produced. Her office needs a bunch of them apparently.

Definitely the best accessory purchase I've ever made. Despite multiple moves, my monitor works great and the bag has held up magnificently.

Despite how much more common large monitor sizes have gotten, cases for them are still ridiculously expensive or hard to find. Even if you can find one, I doubt it'll have the nice features of wankel's cases like the cord catcher.

Great thread resurrect, btw!

Back