Transfer Windows to another Computer?

ElementBilly

Limp Gawd
I have a Alienware system and will be building a new Pc. I will be using same hard drive but a new motherboard.

Will my copy of Windows 7 Home premium Work with the new motherboard?

Yes and no:

No you can't do that since the license is tied to the system as a whole and it's against the EULA.
Yes you can do it but you have to call up MS and activate via that way.

I have a laptop with Win7 premium 64-bit and I would like to transfer this operating system to my main system which is currently XP Pro 32-bit. I'm wondering if I can do this.

I bought 2 copies of operating systems and I just want to use them on different machines than they are currently installed on.

I have found that once I activated, I could NOT activate solely from the internet another time. However, I did the MS phone call thing and it worked no problem to activate. And, the automated chicky on the line is so polite

I have a laptop with Win7 premium 64-bit and I would like to transfer this operating system to my main system which is currently XP Pro 32-bit. I'm wondering if I can do this.

I bought 2 copies of operating systems and I just want to use them on different machines than they are currently installed on.
If they're OEM licenses (came with a PC, or you bought OEM licenses off Newegg), no. If they're retail licenses, yes, presuming each license is installed on only one PC at a time.

Back