Transfer video files android to PC

Astrowind

Weaksauce
I watched a few Youtube videos and clicked on a few web sites and pretty much going around in circles. I noticed if I click on "USB Tethering" in my Moto G4 Play, I can no longer see it in the PC menu. However, if I click on G4 Play inside my PC, it just shows a blank window. Like I can't see what's inside my phone (using Windows 7)

So, do I need a driver or software? My motherboard is the Asrock H87 Performance. My backup computer has a Gigabyte H170M-D3H motherboard.

I also installed the Microsoft MTP Porting Kit on my backup which didn't do anything.

I don't know about using a cable since I never use one, but I transfer files over wifi on my android device. I use the app Solid Explorer which allows you to create a SMB connection from the app and sign in to your PC to access your shares. Then you can just drag/drop files.

If your G4 is like my z2 when you plug in your phone via USB you'll have an option in your phones notifications to change it from charging mode to MTP mode for file transfer. Select that.

OK, I decided to download the USB driver from Motorola. However, if I try to click on Mtotorola Device Manager in the Start Menu, it says an update is already in progress. This has gone on for several hours. So, should I unplug and restart the computer?

EDIT: OK, well. I downloaded the USB driver from
https://support.motorola.com/in/en/drivers
and I finally saw the charging message on my phone after swiping to unlock the screen. So I found the option to transfer files (where it said choose other options). I ended up backing up everything.
ANOTHER EDIT: Well, I just tried with my Moto G5 Plus on my backup computer and found once I chose the file transfer option and clicked to transfer files, I was able to do it without installing the USB driver.

Last edited:
Maybe I forgot to say I did use the cable from the charger (for the Moto G5 Plus). Yes, I was able to transfer once I found the file transfer option (under charging) after "swiping down" on the screen (after unlocking it).

Back