Transfer data/apps from one droid phone to another?

El Nacho

Noobie Cheese
GF's had her batter die so she got a new galaxy s II. I need to move all her apps, data, and contacts to her new phone. ideas?

1) old phone no longer has service.
2)I can use the battery from my evo to get her old phone to work
3)old phone can be rooted if needed, new phone can not.

Titanium Backup on a rooted phone. MyBackup Pro for an unrooted phone. I also use SMS Backup Plus for backing up SMS and call logs to gmail and can be restored from there. Sync contacts with Google.

Tark

Yeah, her contacts and apps (without config data) will automatically be synced to her phone when she signs in on her new phone (as long as she had all of that set up to sync on her old phone which I think is default).

For the other stuff, just see above.

what about the config data? if she didnt have it setup that way, can I go back into the old phone and do that as long as I have a wifi connection?

what about the config data? if she didnt have it setup that way, can I go back into the old phone and do that as long as I have a wifi connection?

With Titanium backup and My Backup Root you can move data from one phone to another as they store their "databases" on the SDCard so you just have to move it from one SDCard to the other.. Presumably, the application will already be installed if it was downloaded from the Android Market when her account syncs up. So you open TiBU or MBR and and restore just the data portion. I use that all the time to move my save games between ROM's.

may have to use her old phone as a test bed. no way she will let me root the new phone.

Back