Trading in my 17" imac and getting a 20" tommorow!

IceDigger

[H]F Junkie
Yay, decided I liked the imac and the 20" was damn impressive so I'm giving mine back to CompUSA and getting a 20" tommorow. They said they would return it and give me the 20" for the remainder of what I paid for the 17", no questions asked.

Not a bad exchange!

Me, I knew I wouldn't be happy without a 20" iMac... so that's what's sitting on my desk right now.

Damnit...That's what I want...a 20in imac. :[ But I also want a 23' in ACD HD :[ gah the dilemma..

IceDigger said:
How do you like it?

So far, I'm digging it! It's not a dual-core PowerMac, of course, but it's leaps and bounds over my 12" PowerBook. Video performance is obviously much better, too; the FX 5200 Go would stutter in Expose or Dashboard at 1680x1050, but now it's smooth as glass. Front Row is neat, but it has to start iPhoto and iTunes in the background. If you want to use it a lot, you may want to load up on RAM so that those apps don't chew up too many resources in the background.

By the way, a quick tip: on a G5 system, go to Energy Saver in the system preferences, go to the Options tab, and make sure processor performance is set to Highest. It apparently offers a slight boost to overall performance.

Haha. I really wasn't expecting to game on my 12in pbook. But for blizzard games, it suit's me freaking well. gAUISHDIUASHIU! I WANT AN IMAC ;[!!!!!

Decided not to go with the 20" imac and got the dual core power mac instead ;)

IceDigger said:
Decided not to go with the 20" imac and got the dual core power mac instead ;)

This Apple hardware arms race has to stop! At some point someone's going to sell their car just to get a quad Power Mac and 30" display, and then it'll all fall apart!

Aurelius said:
This Apple hardware arms race has to stop! At some point someone's going to sell their car just to get a quad Power Mac and 30" display

You may be onto something there. :D

Aurelius said:
This Apple hardware arms race has to stop! At some point someone's going to sell their car just to get a quad Power Mac and 30" display, and then it'll all fall apart!
How many of those setups could I get with my Chevy Prism? I'm thinking maybe 1

Maybe selling a house would be more efficient

Aurelius said:

Ice, are you willing to go the distance? Not too hard, look

IceDigger said:
Decided not to go with the 20" imac and got the dual dual core power mac instead

Fixed.

Well, I'm selling my pocket pc, my palm, my zodiac 2, my DS/games, my GBA/games, my xbox/games, my family, and my soul. Not much left to sell to get this gem.

We ordered 16 dual-core 2.3s, 3 dual 2.7s, and 5 quad 2.5s at work. All with 2GB Ram. We also ordered a Dell 20" LCD for each one. I finished putting in the 2.7s last night, will put in the last 2.3 tonight, and will finally be able to crack open one of the quad 2.5s.

I thought the 20" iMacs were nice until I started tooling around with these. I predict a dual 2.3 for my desk at home.

NewBlackDak said:
We ordered 16 dual-core 2.3s, 3 dual 2.7s, and 5 quad 2.5s at work. All with 2GB Ram. We also ordered a Dell 20" LCD for each one. I finished putting in the 2.7s last night, will put in the last 2.3 tonight, and will finally be able to crack open one of the quad 2.5s.

I thought the 20" iMacs were nice until I started tooling around with these. I predict a dual 2.3 for my desk at home.

I wanna work where you work. Everytime I ask for a Mac (I'm a sysadmin) they laugh at me
:mad:

mrweasel said:
I wanna work where you work. Everytime I ask for a Mac (I'm a sysadmin) they laugh at me
:mad:
We're a printing shop, and primarily mac. I didn't like it in Classic Mac OS times, but I love it now with OSX. All our servers have been moved to Linux or OSX, and I have the Xserve setup as the Domain controller for our XP machines.

I've got a Quad 2.5 in that list, but guess who is last on the list to put in. My machine is the most dificult to setup aswell since I have to run every peice of software in the building.

I've already hung the Monitor on the old machine as the primary monitor, and it is a huge step up from the 21" Sony Trinitron.

Back