Trading a Ti4200 for a 9600 Pro.

well, realize what a 9600 pro would do for you, and then decide whether the trade is justifiable. a 9600 pro probably won't give you a noticable performance increase in modern dx8-and-below games, but you will benefit from full dx9 compliance and perhaps increased anti-aliasing performance.

I went from a ti4200 to a 9600 over the summer. Was a great upgrade and I would recommend it to anyone. As long as you feel comfortable with the transaction, I would do it.

As was mentioned above, the 9600pro did not give major performance increase in DX8 games, the DX9 support is the key.

9600pro blows a ti4200 out of the water as far as modern games.

For DX8, there is virtually zero difference. Considering there are pretty much no DX9 games out yet, I would suggest waiting or upgrading higher.

You could use some AA and AF in most stuff. Depending on the game, the difference between no IQ and 2x AA/8x AF can be quite drastic. If you'd like to use some AA and AF and be able to run some DX9 like Halo A LOT better, get the 9600. You probably won't be disappointed.

DX9 support, 8X AGP, about equil in speed, and better capability for AA and FSAA...

Where do I sign up?

Psyko M.

Back