TrackIR

Hi All.

I plan on buying DCS black shark 2/a 10. I know that i need the trackIR, but i dont know which one to get.

Please give me a link for it as well as if it is compatible with win7. It says on amazon it is only compatible with vist,m2000, and xp

Thanks

I run Windows 7 with TrackIR5 and it's compatible. I also use blackshark and dcs a10-c

sorry and another thing it may feel weird at first to use it but give it a week of use and you can't game without it anymore.

I got my trackIR5+clip pro in today for ARMA2 and its very easy to get used to.,

No no no no no! Don't buy TrackIR if you're at least a little bit handy with a soldering iron. What you want is Freetrack.

Freetrack emulates the TrackIR software--all you have to do is make the hardware yourself which is as simple as slightly modifying (almost) any webcam and attaching a few infrared LEDs to a hat. I created a guide to Freetrack for some of the fine folks at Reddit's DCS sim "subreddit" community when I built my setup. It works fantastically and only cost about $15 (I had to buy a hat for $7). Others have done it for less with similar high rates of success.

Freetrack works in all the same games as TrackIR, I've mostly used mine for flying the A-10 and Ka-50 with a little ARMA sprinkled in too.

Direct link to my guide: http://imgur.com/a/aLzbF#11

Back