TP-Link M9 Plus

TechLarry

RIP [H] Brother - June 1, 2022
Anyone have this Mesh system? The reviews seem to be very good on it.

I was considering this or the Netgear Orbi.

My Netgear 7000 wireless has kinda been unreliable lately, and I'm ready, maybe, to make a change.

I have a client with a Deco M5 network. It works great, is reliable, and was easy to setup. I haven't had any complaints since I set it up. Hes not using any wired back-haul and its purely mesh. He gets his full 100 mbps around his 5000 sqft house with the 3 AP's in the kit.

I have an Eero setup, Love it. I have 2 ethernet back-hauled AP's, the only thing I hate about eero is they shut off the SSID when the internet goes out...

Heard good things about the Orbi because it actually has a dedicated radio for backhaul.

I have a client with a Deco M5 network. It works great, is reliable, and was easy to setup. I haven't had any complaints since I set it up. Hes not using any wired back-haul and its purely mesh. He gets his full 100 mbps around his 5000 sqft house with the 3 AP's in the kit.

I have an Eero setup, Love it. I have 2 ethernet back-hauled AP's, the only thing I hate about eero is they shut off the SSID when the internet goes out...

A 3 station Deco m5 is SO much cheaper than these other options, even though it may not be top of the line.

Ihave to look into how good the base router features are.

Ok, well due to a pretty good factory refurb deal on the top of the line Orbi RBK50, I went with that for $249, and got the 4 year warranty for $5 :)

After dozens of hours of reading reviews everywhere, this is the top kit these days. Love saving $80 with the factory refurb :)

I also like that the Orbi is not cloud dependent in any way, shape or form. That was my main turn-off with the Deco.

The Orbi did get great reviews, I just don't have any hands on experience. Best of luck! Post a review on here when you can!

The Orbi did get great reviews, I just don't have any hands on experience. Best of luck! Post a review on here when you can!
I'll throw in another vote for a review. Pull up the pant leg on that thing and show us some of the "advanced features" TechLarry ;)

Back