Toys R Us Buy 2 get 1 Free Week

next-Jin

Supreme [H]ardness
Not sure if it has been posted yet (I searched and did not see anything in Hot Deals) however Stiler was the first to mention this in another thread in the Gaming forums apparently

www.toysrus.com

Deal does not apply for pre-orders and only for games of the same price or below.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=375795 (seen Stiler's link and re-posting)

I'll be picking up Uncharted 2 and 2 others though I'm still not sure what yet. :D

Do they have a better selection in stores? A couple games I want they either don't have on the website or are out of stock.

Can I exchange two placeholder games at two different times? Borderlands is Oct 20, and Modern Warfare 2 is Nov 10.
edit: Nevermind, the return trick is YMMV.

Last edited:

Your Mileage May Vary,

Some stores are cool but others will say you can only return it during the special ad or that you have to bring back all 3 unopened, etc. I do not plan on doing it myself.

I am thinking

Uncharted 2
Madden 10
Demon Souls

But I'm still not positive

Your Mileage May Vary,

Some stores are cool but others will say you can only return it during the special ad or that you have to bring back all 3 unopened, etc. I do not plan on doing it myself.

I am thinking

Uncharted 2
Madden 10
Demon Souls

But I'm still not positive
The ehh? was for the 'return trick'. Are you saying buy 2, get 1 of games you don't want, then return them for 3 you do want? If so, I can't do that because there is not a store close enough to me to make it worth it.

hopefully this will still be goin on by wednesday- nba2k10 comes out this week .

Just bought Brutal Legend, Uncharted 2, and NHL10 for $122 shipped. So it seems to work for games coming out this week. I'm definitely happy. Use a promo code for $10 off $75 as well: 931082

you could just buy 3 uncharted 2's, comes to about 110 bux with the promo code 931082, sell 2 of them for 50 bux each, then you get your own copy for 10 bux :D

you could just buy 3 uncharted 2's, comes to about 110 bux with the promo code 931082, sell 2 of them for 50 bux each, then you get your own copy for 10 bux :D

That's what I'm doing :). I'll just sell my used copy of uncharted 2 after I've played through and experienced the multiplayer for a little bit...it'll come out free or I'll make $10 probably.

Sounds like I'll be buying Batman, Uncharted 2, and Brutal Legend from Toys R Us then. Thanks mate!

Sounds like I'll be buying Batman, Uncharted 2, and Brutal Legend from Toys R Us then. Thanks mate!

Figures, i just bought Batman saturday. Great game FYI.

At what point does it apply get 1 free?

Last edited:
free of the lesser excluding preorders (except bayonetta?, check out says that it comes out free)

I believe forza 3 is on the restricted list.

Lame.

That's the only game worth getting brand new for the xbox currently. All other games can be bough on fleabay for $15-35.

I was going to do this online (nearest store is over an hour from me) but for some reason I can not add Uncharted 2 nor Brutal Legend to my cart. It says both are in stock, but when I click "add to cart" it simply goes to teh cart and it doesn't put either in it.

now they say they're backordered, lies i tell you LIES!

My local TRU didnt have FO3: GOTY and the inventory was generally in shambles. What a waste of my lunchtime.

damn, wish i knew this was good on MS points when I first read about this.... OOS :(

The store in my area (Chino Hills, CA) does not have Demon Souls or Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2. The lady said it's not that they sold out, it's just that they don't carry it. Was anyone able to get these?

I got 3 microsoft 1600 point cards. Went in to TRU and it was impossible for them to price match the offer. I was luckily able to get another store to price match it, $39.97 no tax/shipping.

I got:

• Uncharted 2
  • Resident Evil 5
  • Street Fighter 4

Keep in mind I had to work with what they had in stock (batman was out of stock even though it said it was in stock)

also street fighter 4 comes with a added bonus ...chun li action figure! awesome.... :D

and i used the 10 dollar off coupon so it was like 109 dollars excluding tax and shipping

How long does it take them to backorder Uncharted 2?

Also, does the 10 dollar off work with B&M?

Just a small note, some Best Buys are apparently price matching the Toys R Us sale. When Toys R Us didn't have UC2 here, I went to Best Buy and they did, and they price-matched. So I picked up UC2, Batman, and Infamous (wasn't too sure how I felt about Brutal Legend having such a RTS strategy focus...kinda feel gipped since that wasn't what the demo was about.)

Just a small note, some Best Buys are apparently price matching the Toys R Us sale. When Toys R Us didn't have UC2 here, I went to Best Buy and they did, and they price-matched. So I picked up UC2, Batman, and Infamous (wasn't too sure how I felt about Brutal Legend having such a RTS strategy focus...kinda feel gipped since that wasn't what the demo was about.)

Wait did you take the paper in there and ask a manager or is it BestBuy's policy to price match 3 for 2 sales?

shit... i forgot about bestbuy's price match... guess i'll be waiting awhile for my backordered uncharted 2.. bummer

Wait did you take the paper in there and ask a manager or is it BestBuy's policy to price match 3 for 2 sales?

I didn't have anything with me, I asked a sales associate about it and he went to the counter with me to tell the cashier what the deal was.

YMMV of course.

Nearest best buy wouldn't Price match for me, "only price match base prices, not sales."

My toys r us was out of Uncharted 2 :(, said they should get some more in before the week is over hopefully, if not then I'll probably get it online before it ends.

1600 point cards are back in stock.... of course the buy2 get 1 is no longer eligible on that item.... bleh

Back