Toyota Concept-i Official Trailer CES 2017

HardOCP News

[H] News
Toyota just took the wraps off its AI-powered self-driving Concept-i car at CES 2017. As with most concept cars, this thing will probably never see production but I would still love to see how well that thing takes a side impact or just see it try to drive down a normal city street with those goofy fender skirts / tire cover things. :D

It will never look like that in production. The C-HR and 2018 Camry are looking promising.

I hate concept cars. It's like advertisering ideas for brand recognition that are all lies basically. They always look stupid, aren't utilitarian, and miss the entire idea of safe transit and performance.

I hate concept cars. It's like advertisering ideas for brand recognition that are all lies basically. They always look stupid, aren't utilitarian, and miss the entire idea of safe transit and performance.

Concepts are generally useful in the automotive space. They can serve as a indication of the overall brand's styling language in the coming years, be used as a showcase for new or interesting drivetrains or tech, or tease a future production car that takes all the things you want (safety, usability) into account.

But yeah, this particular concept is worse than a middle school hand job.

If you just look at the lines, it looks a lot like the Hyundai Veloster, or the Honda CR-Z.

I'd like to see that car on the road, just to see what the road does to those rear wheel fairings.

The lines on that thing are horrific. There is no flow at all. It makes my eyes angry.

When will designers get it through their thick skulls that no one is interested in your old high school portfolio...

RoboCame.jpg

I hate the Prius just for somehow tainting the design field that all "high tech"/self-driving/electric vehicles have to look retarded.

Back