Town Shuts Down Wi-Fi Over Health Fears

HardOCP News

[H] News
The mayor of a small town in Italy has shut off the Wi-Fi in two public schools after reading about the dangers of electromagnetic waves on the internet.

Mayor Livio Tola told the town's high school and elementary school to return to using cables to connect to the internet after reading that the electromagnetic waves given off by wireless routers were especially harmful to young children. “It's not that we're against technology, our choice is merely a precautionary measure,” La Stampa reported the mayor as saying.

There are low technology schools out there just don't tell them Apple set your school up for the kids.
My Niece and Nephew have those LCD eyes from excess computer use it's sick.

Ex-mayor Fausto Francisca slammed the decision as short-sighted, explaining that the town's children are already exposed to electromagnetic waves from a myriad of different sources each day, such as their mobile phones and Wi-Fi connections at home.

“What's the point? We already have Wi-Fi in two of the town's squares and in our library, places where children also spend a lot of time,” Francisca said.

If you read further down the article, at least someone in that town still has a functioning brain.

Was going to rant about how Italy already has really poor internet access (they lack the infrastructure), and children already are exposed to far more EMF from higher cellphone usage since they don't have that wired infrastructure.
http://www.thelocal.it/20140728/slow-italy-lags-behind-in-internet-age

Have they shut down the radio stations, tv stations, cell phones and satellite receivers of all kinds? If not how do they expect to see a difference?

P.S. No properly-conducted scientific study has ever found evidence to support the idea that radio waves have any affect of people.

I hope they turn the SUN off also since it gives off massive amounts of electromagnetic waves! More than all the cell towers on the planet combined.

Perhaps he was trying to get these kids to slow their roll on instagram/facebook blah blah blah and focus on school. Just did it in an odd way.

I hope they turn the SUN off also since it gives off massive amounts of electromagnetic waves! More than all the cell towers on the planet combined.
We should start a collection to send them tinfoil hats and sunglasses

Read the story's comments for some extra comedy. I don't know how these people function in day-to-day life.

Well I'm fucked. I recently bought a Nighthawk X6 (THREE DIFFERENT BANDS) and it is sitting next to me while my cellphone is DIRECTLY in front of me. Not only that I recently installed a wireless Polk subwoofer to my PC's audio setup! :eek:

Like the person above me - read the comments, they are fantastic.

Time to start up my traveling tin foil sales business. It sounds like I'd make a killing if I start at this place!

Well at least he heard it on the internet, and didn't say he just watched Johnny Mnemonic and now we have to shut down all internet, tv, everything!

Have they shut down the radio stations, tv stations, cell phones and satellite receivers of all kinds? If not how do they expect to see a difference?

P.S. No properly-conducted scientific study has ever found evidence to support the idea that radio waves have any affect of people.

You better watch out with your PS there. If a certain user on here sees that statement he will go off on you.

Watch out for dihydrogen-monoxide. Stuff is lethal. 100% of those exposed die.

I have signed 10 petitions to force the government to get rid of all traces of that and yet they still let it into schools and homes.

If only there were someplace on this planet that was safe from these evil EMF waves...

Once they get the lead dome and floor done they will be semi safe from residual background radiation as well.

Then there is a fear of lead poisoning...needs more planning.

Well, laugh away but it's quite funny how a market leader, Cisco, shipped enterprise level WLAN switches I was installing, with radios off, with warnings stickers, due to overexposure under closer (typical installation) ranges.
That says they know something could possibly be up at worst case and want to avoid litigation.

Well, laugh away but it's quite funny how a market leader, Cisco, shipped enterprise level WLAN switches I was installing, with radios off, with warnings stickers, due to overexposure under closer (typical installation) ranges.
That says they know something could possibly be up at worst case and want to avoid litigation.

Just because you don't want to be sued for something, doesn't mean that something is valid.

This isn't true. That is why we have radhaz zones. But you basically have to be sitting right next to an antenna putting out a good deal of power. The only way I could see wifi hurting you is a commercial unit taped to the side of your face.

I have a feeling the dude was taken out of context. The article mentions it was two schools and looks like a measure to prevent students from using their cellphone or tablet while at the school. I didn't see it mention "the whole town" though.

Instead their giving them free phones!! and building a new school next to the radio station ! :rolleyes:

Watch out for dihydrogen-monoxide. Stuff is lethal. 100% of those exposed die.

I don't know about 100% but I know quite a few, now dead, people who used that shit all time. Like multiple times a day.

Radio waves do have an effect which, of course, depends on the power.

Back