Tower speakers to use with HTPC

hardc0re

Gawd
I haven't been taking full advantage of the XFI Titanium HD soundcard so I'm looking for a pair of tower speakers that can really shine with music and gaming.

Mind you this is a small space and my budget it $300 , this is for new and also resale stuff too.

For that price, I'd think about bookshelf speakers instead. It is just kinda hard to get good towers for that price. They cost a bit more on account of having more material to build them. Also remember you need an amp for any passive speakers, which pretty much all tower speakers are.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Having heard most of that line of speakers, I can say I'm very impressed with the price/performance ratio. Good suggestion.

Andrew Jones is a genius and that particular speaker line is one of the best bargains on the entire audio market.

If I were in that budget those are what I would get.

I don't think there's anything else I'd get over them until you get to at least the Bic America PL-89's and those are usually over $500 a pair.

Andrew Jones is a genius and that particular speaker line is one of the best bargains on the entire audio market.

If I were in that budget those are what I would get.

I don't think there's anything else I'd get over them until you get to at least the Bic America PL-89's and those are usually over $500 a pair.

I still prefer my option in post #3. But if you don't have a sub, the Pioneers will give you a little more push below 60hz. Not a lot, but enough to tell the difference.

Nobody has mentioned used? Look around craigslist, maybe a speaker shop if you have on locally. If you live in San Diego, there are amazing deals there apparently.

Back