Tough decision, need your help [H]orde

86 5.0L

Supreme [H]ardness
***I dont know if its against the rules here, if it is, I apologize and will remove my post.***

So I since moved from my previous place where I had free electricity and now face a dilemma. as a full time student, and my part time job being very unstable, I cannot afford to keep running my folding rig 24/7. I want to keep contributing any way I can to the [H]orde, so I came up with the idea of donating my PPD in exchange for sponsorship. Basically I would fold under your name 24/7 and maintain the hardware so long as the electricity needed to run it is taken care of.

I know something similar was done before where one could buy PPD from a user who had powerful boxen, mine is a solid 30k PPD on regular SMP and 38k PPD on bigadv. nothing special but you save yourself the hassle of buying the hardware where you still have to pay for the electricity anyway.

Let me know if anybody is interested in a 30k PPD boost for the cost of electricity

***I dont know if its against the rules here, if it is, I apologize and will remove my post.***

This is good information! We have another merc here! This could get interesting.

IIRC this is very allowed to my knowledge, last i knew May I Be Worthy was still selling off his SR-2's computing time for relatively cheap (price of electricity on him.)

This is fine to do. Figure out what it costs you to run per day/week/month and post it.

This is fine to do. Figure out what it costs you to run per day/week/month and post it.

how much do you think my sig rig pulls? I used this calculator to figure out how much my PC uses, 568w

http://www.thermaltake.outervision.com/Power

along with my energy rates here
http://www.iid.com/Modules/ShowDocument.aspx?documentid=2570

$0.0784/kwh

Then I used this calculator
http://www.electricity-usage.com/El...ce=&Watts=568&CostPerKWH=0.784&HoursPerDay=24

which shows Cost Per Day: $10.687488 is that right? wow I've never realized how much power F@H sucks down...

EDIT: Adjusted numbers

how much do you think my sig rig pulls? I used this calculator to figure out how much my PC uses, 568w

Unless you are folding on your video card, your PC should not use that much power. I have two OC'd hexes folding on an sr-2. It is pulling 450w right now (i have a Kill-a-watt). If you want to know a more accurate figure for how much power the system uses when folding, you should pick up a kill-a-watt for ~$20.

which shows Cost Per Day: $10.687488 is that right? wow I've never realized how much power F@H sucks down...

At $0.0784/kwh and 568 watts, that amount should be ~$1/day:
24*568/1000 = 13.632kwh
0.0784 * 13.632 = $1.0687

Unless you are folding on your video card, your PC should not use that much power. I have two OC'd hexes folding on an sr-2. It is pulling 450w right now (i have a Kill-a-watt). If you want to know a more accurate figure for how much power the system uses when folding, you should pick up a kill-a-watt for ~$20.

yeah my GTX560 is folding aswell

I have never checked, but I have heard that public libraries often have Kill-a-watts you can check out if you want a more accurate measurement.

568W sounds high as well. When I had I7 920s, they pulled right at 300W. I can't imagine a 560 pulling much over 150W, so you should be sitting at 450-475W.

568W sounds high as well. When I had I7 920s, they pulled right at 300W. I can't imagine a 560 pulling much over 150W, so you should be sitting at 450-475W.

plus my watercooling gear, 10 fans, and Raid WD blacks.

doesnt the PSU also account for some loss? it pulls 568 from the wall but only 500 gets thru the psu

Back