TotalBiscuit, The Cynical Brit's review video censered for panning game

Elios

Supreme [H]ardness
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfgoDDh4kE0

seems TB did a "WTF is..." of 'Day One Garry's Incident'
TB pretty much panned the game then the devs used s DMCA take down to have the video removed... say TB had no right to monetize the review
ill let the video do the talking

Just saw this myself. I'll keep an eye out to see how this whole situation turns out. Wonder if Google really will review/update their policies with YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfgoDDh4kE0

seems TB did a "WTF is..." of 'Day One Garry's Incident'
TB pretty much panned the game then the devs used s DMCA take down to have the video removed... say TB had no right to monetize the review
ill let the video do the talking

thank you for the heads up

Companies that abuse the DMCA to censor legitimate critique are scum.

WildGamesStudio just went on my absolutely do not buy list

Well looks like I will never be buying a game from WildGamesStudio. What a terrible company.

thank you for the heads up

Companies that abuse the DMCA to censor legitimate critique are scum.

WildGamesStudio just went on my absolutely do not buy list

Yep. I've liked TB for a while, and he's one of the less brutal critics out there. His review of Takedown should have been far harsher, and it wasn't. WGS evidently can't handle even gentle ribbing. Fuck 'em.

I was watching that, as I found this thread. And I was wondering what game it was... I looked on youtube, for one of the videos that talk about it... and .... OOOOOHHH... that shitty game. I can't remember TB's video completely, but I remember that it had A LOT of legitimate thoughts that I'd agree with.. with some that was just TB not noticing his life going down.

Definitely a ridiculously shitty looking game.

There may be a better example of the fair use doctrine than a consumer review, but I can't think of one at the moment.

beyond lame

"wild game studios" huh? noted assholes

TB didn't even really trash the game in that video... the game did all of the talking. They make a POS and then complain when people tell them their shit stinks.

seems to be the general attitude on the internet as of late regarding anything, if you can't say something nice don't say it at all even though it cost $60 didn't work as intended and was missing features :rolleyes:

Hah! A user (NukemDukem) posted video on one of the threads that took TB's side, and was banned! Also a reviewer, from what I can tell of his vid.

And holy hell, I knew TB was popular, but he really seems to have a pretty huge following.

Hah! A user (NukemDukem) posted video on one of the threads that took TB's side, and was banned! Also a reviewer, from what I can tell of his vid.

And holy hell, I knew TB was popular, but he really seems to have a pretty huge following.

hes a lot like hard for PC game reviews
he tells it like it is and is heavy PC bias and check for thing like what settings you can change and what not in a game
where most other reviews from like IGN are copy and past of the console reviews

his WTFs are the best reviews you will ever see of a PC game imo

been a fan of his since his WoW Radio days doing Raid tactics shows

I gotta say I really enjoy watching his videos. Maybe it's the British accent :p

Oh, I'm a fan. I watch his content patch and wtfs, but I didn't think he had such a huge impact.

This will only help him and is going to backfire in a major way for Wildstorm Games

Crazy, shows how easily YouTube can be abused. Would not be surprised if YouTube changes its procedures. Glad Totalbiscuit brought it to light and is challenging it.

Crazy, shows how easily YouTube can be abused. Would not be surprised if YouTube changes its procedures. Glad Totalbiscuit brought it to light and is challenging it.

Remember how some Russian actress got a shit ton of Shin Megami Tensei videos taken down in some mass spree because she thought she owned the word "Persona"? It was in the past couple months too.

Remember how some Russian actress got a shit ton of Shin Megami Tensei videos taken down in some mass spree because she thought she owned the word "Persona"? It was in the past couple months too.

Wut.... are you fuckin' serious?!

They won't be changing their policy. It's too much liability for them to ignore a takedown request. They don't even verify that the requester owns material in the video.

I haven't looked at any of the links in this thread, so I hope TB actually did some research and found out who sent the takedown request instead of just assuming it was the developer.

They won't be changing their policy. It's too much liability for them to ignore a takedown request. They don't even verify that the requester owns material in the video.

I haven't looked at any of the links in this thread, so I hope TB actually did some research and found out who sent the takedown request instead of just assuming it was the developer.

TB is a lawyer by trade if any one didnt know
im SURE it checked
that and the devs said they did it in a forum post of all things lol

TB was trying to resolve it with out it getting public but Reddit being Reddit found out any way which started the shitstorm
DMCA take downs are public on youtube for some silly reason

Wait, are people getting banned on Steam forums just for posting Youtube videos and merely expressing their opinion? Do the devs have that kind of power or is there some ban-moderator around? I am not part of the Steam forums so I do not know how things go around there, but that should cause quite a shitstorm aswell if people were banned left and right for petty reasons.

Wait, are people getting banned on Steam forums just for posting Youtube videos and merely expressing their opinion? Do the devs have that kind of power or is there some ban-moderator around? I am not part of the Steam forums so I do not know how things go around there, but that should cause quite a shitstorm aswell if people were banned left and right for petty reasons.

i think a dev can ban them from the discussion of their game, not all of the steam forums.

TB is a lawyer by trade if any one didnt know
im SURE it checked
that and the devs said they did it in a forum post of all things lol

TB was trying to resolve it with out it getting public but Reddit being Reddit found out any way which started the shitstorm
DMCA take downs are public on youtube for some silly reason

Lol, I thought TB just made his money on Youtube. Didn't know he had an actual job, and a really good one at that.

People need to stop saying that "WTF is... ?" are reviews — it is a first impression series...

Lol, I thought TB just made his money on Youtube. Didn't know he had an actual job, and a really good one at that.
He does have an actual job and that is a gaming critique and eSports commentator. While he has a degree in law he does not work as a lawyer.

because a fundamentally flawed idea can be improved by better implementation

You're right. Random people shouldn't be allowed to upload anything they want without first proving they own it.

Well...I don't know how many of you guys watched the actual review, but he did pretty much lambast the game...and rightfully so. Fuck this studio.

Well...I don't know how many of you guys watched the actual review, but he did pretty much lambast the game...and rightfully so. Fuck this studio.

Yeah, but people have short memories. SEGA did similar stuff to people that were doing video reviews of Saturn games just last year, and people seem to have forgotten about it now.

Back