Total War: Three Kingdoms Announcement & Trailer

SPARTAN VI

[H]F Junkie

ETA Fall 2018

This will be CA's first visit to the region/era and a proper full release (Thrones of Britannia is a "sagas" release, which is installment oriented like DLC). I'll probably buy. :D

Last edited:
interesting, is there even a 3 kingdom strategy game on the PC these days? Not sure if I really want to play another TW game.

Cinematic trailer not real game play. Doesnt exactly make me want to buy their game but that's marketing for you.

From what I've gathered from various early access sources (Twitch and Youtube streamers) and reviews, Creative Assembly has done a wonderful job expanding on campaign mechanics (e.g. diplomatic options, character and settlement development), created a gorgeous UI, but then they've taken a few steps back on the battle mechanics and battle AI (hero/lord duels suck and AI is catatonic). And of course there is day 1 DLC, the Yellow Turban faction, which is included in preorder purchases.

Keeping an eye on it, but my back log is so long I'll probably wait for a winter sale.

Last edited:
From what I've gathered from various early access sources (Twitch and Youtube streamers) and reviews, Creative Assembly has done a wonderful job expanding on campaign mechanics (e.g. diplomatic options, character and settlement development), created a gorgeous UI, but then they've taken a few steps back on the battle mechanics and battle AI (hero/lord duels suck and AI is catatonic). And of course there is day 1 DLC, the Yellow Turban faction, which is included in preorder purchases.

Keeping an eye on it, but my back log is so long I'll probably wait for a winter sale.

Honestly, the AI in these games haven't advanced all THAT much since Rome. Three Kingdoms looks amazing, but I'd love if the AI would be able to respond better to what the player is doing. Or, at the very least, know how to put together good armies.

Skipping this one just like Warhammer. They look good, but I have zero interest in the last two themes for the game. I'm patiently waiting for Empire 2 or Medieval 3.

WARHAMMER has worked its way up to #1 spot contention with me. It was Shogun 2, and was Rome 1 before that, but the amount of replayabilty and enjoyment I've gotten out of the combined series has slowly moved it up the ladder.

Anyway, regarding my concerns about TW:3K, check out this video from a former CA employee:

Last edited:
Necroing this thread.

Just picked this up a week or two ago - having a blast. I had a strong RTS itch that needed a fix.

This has done it so far.

Anyone still or has played through the campaign?

Liu Biao is a total prick. Dudes charging me 60% of my income(as my vassal) just to not attack me. Not sure how to overcome this as he's allies with basically anyone relevant. Him and I basically have the two largest amounts of land at this point. But his army is probably 3x to 4x larger.

Trying to figure a way to get factions to hate him, and then go to war against him and then I get involved while I've been slowly creating a stronger military.

Most of my income is from lands spread out and I'm pretty vulnerable if he just decides to blitzkrieg my ass. This is a tough game.

Necroing this thread.

Just picked this up a week or two ago - having a blast. I had a strong RTS itch that needed a fix.

This has done it so far.

Anyone still or has played through the campaign?

Liu Biao is a total prick. Dudes charging me 60% of my income(as my vassal) just to not attack me. Not sure how to overcome this as he's allies with basically anyone relevant. Him and I basically have the two largest amounts of land at this point. But his army is probably 3x to 4x larger.

Trying to figure a way to get factions to hate him, and then go to war against him and then I get involved while I've been slowly creating a stronger military.

Most of my income is from lands spread out and I'm pretty vulnerable if he just decides to blitzkrieg my ass. This is a tough game.
I never ended up getting the game, but my performance mod was ported over to 3K. Give it a shot and see if it stabilizes your campaign map framerate: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2804293305

Back