Total War: Three Kingdoms Announcement & Trailer

SPARTAN VI

Supreme [H]ardness

ETA Fall 2018

This will be CA's first visit to the region/era and a proper full release (Thrones of Britannia is a "sagas" release, which is installment oriented like DLC). I'll probably buy. :D

Last edited:

kledar586

[H]ard|Gawd
interesting, is there even a 3 kingdom strategy game on the PC these days? Not sure if I really want to play another TW game.

Skott

2[H]4U
Cinematic trailer not real game play. Doesnt exactly make me want to buy their game but that's marketing for you.

SPARTAN VI

Supreme [H]ardness
From what I've gathered from various early access sources (Twitch and Youtube streamers) and reviews, Creative Assembly has done a wonderful job expanding on campaign mechanics (e.g. diplomatic options, character and settlement development), created a gorgeous UI, but then they've taken a few steps back on the battle mechanics and battle AI (hero/lord duels suck and AI is catatonic). And of course there is day 1 DLC, the Yellow Turban faction, which is included in preorder purchases.

Keeping an eye on it, but my back log is so long I'll probably wait for a winter sale.

Last edited:

Derangel

Fully [H]
From what I've gathered from various early access sources (Twitch and Youtube streamers) and reviews, Creative Assembly has done a wonderful job expanding on campaign mechanics (e.g. diplomatic options, character and settlement development), created a gorgeous UI, but then they've taken a few steps back on the battle mechanics and battle AI (hero/lord duels suck and AI is catatonic). And of course there is day 1 DLC, the Yellow Turban faction, which is included in preorder purchases.

Keeping an eye on it, but my back log is so long I'll probably wait for a winter sale.
Honestly, the AI in these games haven't advanced all THAT much since Rome. Three Kingdoms looks amazing, but I'd love if the AI would be able to respond better to what the player is doing. Or, at the very least, know how to put together good armies.

Sicario

Weaksauce
Skipping this one just like Warhammer. They look good, but I have zero interest in the last two themes for the game. I'm patiently waiting for Empire 2 or Medieval 3.

SPARTAN VI

Supreme [H]ardness
WARHAMMER has worked its way up to #1 spot contention with me. It was Shogun 2, and was Rome 1 before that, but the amount of replayabilty and enjoyment I've gotten out of the combined series has slowly moved it up the ladder.

Anyway, regarding my concerns about TW:3K, check out this video from a former CA employee:

Last edited: