"Total War: Rome II" Developers on Female Generals: "Don’t Like It? Don’t Play It"

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by Megalith, Sep 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draxanoth

Draxanoth Gawd

They could avoid all the controversy by just making it an in game option to toggle between "representative" and "realistic" unit compositions. Same thing with Battlefield, all they needed was an option to toggle the female avatars into men client side.

2. SPARTAN VI

SPARTAN VI [H]ardness Supreme

They really don't need to do anything. The recruitment pool is typically 7 or so generals deep, so the player can simply choose to not recruit the females who rarely spawn in those pools for the few factions that even allow it. If they were to adjust the spawn rate to something more realistic, like 1% or less, then thousands of players when never see that content in their campaigns, even across multiple campaigns. It's inflated for gameplay and they don't take over your recruitment pool. Please check out the video I posted early from Republic of Play.

I have thousands of hours in Total War games and a little over 300 in R2TE. I haven't once seen a female general. This is seriously fucking overblown for the wrong reason.

3. nysmo

nysmo Gawd

No, but I've watched youtube videos of it and 30 seconds is about all you need to determine that despite it being "the *most* realistic" it is still highly *unrealistic* overall so there is no merit to contrasting levels of realism to something inherently unrealistic *by a very large margin*.

4. Tsumi

Tsumi [H]ardForum Junkie

IDFP.jpg

I'm done. You are so caught up in proving your agenda that you are willing to distort anything to fit your world view. There is no reasoning with the completely brainwashed sheep.

pendragon1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.