Toshiba Z835-P330 Windows 7 -- forgets wifi nic drivers after few days

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Cerulean, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Cerulean

Cerulean [H]ardForum Junkie

Greetings,

We have a Toshiba Z835-P330 (PT224U-001001) laptop with Windows 7 x64 that got its Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000 (112BNHMW) wireless card replaced with an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235 (6235ANHMW) because of wireless connectivity issues (getting dropped from wireless anywhere from 3 to 6 times a day --> required to reboot to get reconnected). We have dozens of other laptops that are similar to this model -- same chassis -- but run Windows 8 and have an Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 that also gives them the same exact wireless connectivity problems. Our solution is to replace the wireless cards with something else.

So far it has been working great, except for this Z835 Windows 7 user we have. I have the latest Intel software for the card downloaded and extracted on the laptop in the Downloads folder. I need to run the installation and after installation it works fine... for a few days... then the laptop somehow magically forgets the drivers and the user has to re-run the installation to get wireless working.

Any ideas? :confused: I plan on buying another DIFFERENT wireless card than the Intel 6235, and if the problem continues I will suggest either an upgrade to Windows 8 or laptop replacement altogether.

PS. Toshiba has been full of suck. All the ultra thin silver-colored laptops we have received from them have wireless connectivity problems, dropping users from wireless connectivity 3-6 times a day with no way to reconnect but by doing a full restart. We have tried disabling wireless N, disabling power management (both in Windows and BIOS), disabling IPv6, making sure it has priority #1 in Adapters and Bindings (Advanced Settings), BIOS update, driver update, and I think something else but all without any success. Replacing the wireless card has resolved this issue.